amuck-landowner

Favorite server location?

AuroraZero

You might try Detroit or Dallas.

I will look into them. I know Catalyst in Dallas but need to do some research in the Detroit area. Anynode is there I know but not sure of anyone else. Detroit would be good for me as I live in Michigan but need it for users and customers as well so need to take that into account.

Edit: Spelling

Last edited by a moderator:

hostemo.com

Verified Provider
now everyone offer fair price for dedicated server. Most importantly, where is your traffic destination. choose the best latency would help you much on the business

ihatetonyy

• Los Angeles, San Jose: Both located in the best state of the best coast same state I'm in, and for a good few of my projects that works out perfectly.
  • Dallas: Incero's speeds are blisteringly fast.
  • Kansas City: A cheaper version of Dallas, just as fast. DataShack/WSI push out cheap dedis like crack.
  • NYC proper: Becoming an actual reality for LEB providers as more file in, but still a unique location compared to Buffalo.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
I will look into them. I know Catalyst in Dallas but need to do some research in the Detroit area. Anynode is there I know but not sure of anyone else. Detroit would be good for me as I live in Michigan but need it for users and customers as well so need to take that into account.
Please post your findings.

• Kansas City: A cheaper version of Dallas, just as fast. DataShack/WSI push out cheap dedis like crack.
So there should be at least some vps providers, or?

Melon

See, I don't mind Chicago, however I prefer "offshore" places like Germany, Netherlands, etc. because of the less-strict speach laws, content laws, etc.

It's quite funny, the provider I use with my dedicated server, they gave me free 5 ips, when originally I only needed 1 ip which I paid for. So, they gave me 5 more ips anyways(all usable).
I don't know much about international laws, but I'm pretty sure freedom of speech is much better protected in the US than in DE/NL.

peterw

I moved out of Seattle, Buffalo, Lenior, Kansas and Denver.

Like network and providers in:

• Los Angeles
  • Dallas
  • Jacksonville
  • UK
  • Germany

dano

I am a fan of Denver and have good results with the network connectivity that is has to both coasts and interior US.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
When I lived in FL I preferred Tampa due to latency, now that I'm in CO I prefer Denver for the same reason. Basically if the latency is under 20ms I like it.

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
Central London of course, my own colocation. Network wise can't be beaten on my home connection. Not really keen on many other locations, Germany is decent with Accelarated and ProviderService, and for 'merrika favourites are Choopa and PhoniexNap, good EU connectivity.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
...I don't think you really know what 'offshore' or 'free' means in this case.  I hope for your sake you don't go with 'offshore' hosting in an attempt to evade any local laws.

Awmusic12635

Verified Provider
My favorite is probably our Dallas location (biased ofc though). I do like choopa in NJ as well , great connection to my home and college.

amuck-landowner