amuck-landowner

Favourite Web-dev IDE?

Tux

DigitialOcean? lel
I use anything by JetBrains. Love it.

May try Sublime though, though I never got the rage about it.

DragonDF

Eclipse (for Java, too).

Netbeans I used at school. 

Dreamweaver I use for a few things, but nothing very important.

LiamCyrus

Verified Provider
I used Netbeans for the longest time until about a month ago when I switched to Sublime 3. Some comparisons: Sublime 3 has a neater aesthetic with the dark colour scheme, opposed to NetBean's default white theme. Sublime is much more lightweight than Netbeans (obviously), and Netbeans won't even run on my older computers due to the insane RAM consumption. The Sublime FTP plugin I use is less user friendly than Netbeans is (I use "SFTP", which uses a wicked dropdown menu instead of an explorer gui). In my opinion the code formatting/tabbing is terrible in Sublime as compared to Netbeans. I occasionally have to open up Netbeans just to format a PHP document, because I don't like how Sublime does it. I've also had issues with Sublime not highlighting matching brackets all the time (probably because of how I constantly intertwine HTML and PHP in the same document), an issue that Netbeans doesn't have. Another thing I like about Sublime is the vast amount of plugins. As someone who loves seeing statistical data, I'm a big fan of the "Codeivate" plugin, which tracks what time/how much you code.

I first joined Koding back when it was Kodingen several years ago, and I must say they've taken their sweet time. It's been what, five years, and they still have some major features in development? That said, I haven't checked them out recently, so it's possible they've shaped up.

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner