amuck-landowner

FCC New Net Neutality Law Finally Released to Public

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
This should be a fun read. I wonder how well it benefits us.
Good question.

I just recklessly skimmed it a bit and seems alright as expected from that view.   Bound to be lots of got yous and fine legalese to confuse things.

At 400 pages, going to take me days to get through it.

devonblzx

Verified Provider
Remember when the Constitution, the supreme law of the land, only took up a few pages.  Sad that each new bill passed in Congress has to be hundreds of pages long.

Dylan

The actual rule (Appendix A) is only 8 pages long.

The rest of the document is mostly a report that talks about everything from background to public comments the FCC received, and then the last 80 pages are Commissioners Pai and O'Rielly's dissenting statements.

Last edited by a moderator:

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
Remember when the Constitution, the supreme law of the land, only took up a few pages.  Sad that each new bill passed in Congress has to be hundreds of pages long.
Hmm, it's almost as if short, concise documents for laws leave a ton of room for nuance that other, newer laws have to compensate for

Kephael

I looked at Appendix A and it primarily concerns those who are providing "Broadband Internet access" services to end users. Edge providers like hosting companies don't appear to have any restrictions, at least not yet. Unless someone here is operating a WISP, they should not affect anyone until these rules are revised and expanded upon (perhaps with regards to filtering gray area spam or networks at your edge).

amuck-landowner