amuck-landowner

Fraud Record

Steven F

Verified Provider
It's not really something that (currently) has any false positives. It is what you make it. It provides information, sometimes, about certain fraudsters. I know Harzem had plans to really improve on it, but I don't know where he is at with that. Right now, you would need to review the FraudRecord cases yourself. You could run it automatically, but there's no way to see how credible a report is without viewing it (though, there are exceptions).

LimestoneNetworks

Verified Provider
It's true that we do advertise with them, but this thread is to get some opinions on the efficacy of their service in general.

Awmusic12635

Verified Provider
I would highly recommend it. Has stopped a large number of fraud signups that maxmind allowed through

Last edited by a moderator:

ndelaespada

Verified Provider
If several different companies report the same user for spamming then I definitely don't want that user as a client; I've seen other cases where the user is reported for not making the initial payment after signing up.. that's not necessarily a user I would ban...

Fraud Record is very useful and we use it in conjunction with maxmind as well.

Xeepi

Verified Provider
It helped us alot, we use both Maxmind fraudcheck and FraudRecord as second, sometimes Maxmind just let some suspicious orders go through, FraudRecord just report that.

I would recommend every provider to use it, it's totally free and you have no reason not using it.

M-HSN

Verified Provider
We are using Maxmind but it seems Fraudrecord is much better, however in my experience Fraudrecord is based on other company's record, hmm ?

Xeepi

Verified Provider
We are using Maxmind but it seems Fraudrecord is much better, however in my experience Fraudrecord is based on other company's record, hmm ?
Yes, that make sense and scammers will have little chance to fraud.

Onra Host

Verified Provider
Its a great add-on feature since its a community reviewed database. Maxmind is a good add-on as well, but should be taken with a grain of salt half the time. I;ve had users marked as 80-90% fraud and been the best of customers...and had users marked .02% who tried to SPAM 5 minutes after service creation.   

Xeepi

Verified Provider
Its a great add-on feature since its a community reviewed database. Maxmind is a good add-on as well, but should be taken with a grain of salt half the time. I;ve had users marked as 80-90% fraud and been the best of customers...and had users marked .02% who tried to SPAM 5 minutes after service creation.   
Wondering if you have figured out the reason why "users marked as 80-90% fraud and been the best of customers". maybe they are making order using VPN which cause the maxmind high risk alert?

concerto49

Verified Provider
Wondering if you have figured out the reason why "users marked as 80-90% fraud and been the best of customers". maybe they are making order using VPN which cause the maxmind high risk alert?
Could also be the country, a shared ip or many other reasons.

AutoSnipe

Verified Provider
I check users just after they join up and then check once every 7 days for any changes just to keep track of what is going on.

I think fraud record is wonderful :)

sshgroup

not so good but not bad too ,  it's some thing can't be explained  so clear, people with less experience in fraud can be very effective.but ....

amuck-landowner