amuck-landowner

Free 1U server, you pay tech time & shipping.

GVH-Jon

Banned
You going to use this as a VPS node? I hope not.
I was going to use it as an experimentation/testing node (not at all for production) but I changed my mind and retracted that part of my post.

Edit: Modified spelling error

Last edited by a moderator:

Setsura

To clarify further, it's going to be $24.95/month 1U colo from us in Buffalo.
Any idea on whether there would be any tech costs to move the server to your racks and colo with you? If they aren't much, or non existent, I'll take it.

GVH-Jon

Banned
Any idea on whether there would be any tech costs to move the server to your racks and colo with you? If they aren't much, or non existent, I'll take it.
Those costs are completely FREE. :)

We haven't officially released our colocation offers yet however if you ticket into our sales dept. we can get you set up early. Our cabinet space is already set up and ready to use.

Setsura

We haven't officially released our colocation offers yet however if you ticket into our sales dept. we can get you set up early. Our cabinet space is already set up and ready to use.
I'll go ahead and put in a ticket then since I'm interested regardless of if I get this server.

@Damian I'm interested, put me in line at whatever place I'm in.

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
We have a retired server available to anyone who wants to pay the tech time for unracking and packaging, plus shipping to you. It's one of our first VPS nodes.

HP DL365 G1 I think. I know it's a DL365, but don't know the generation.

2x dual-core AMD Opterion 2216 HE processors

24gb DDR2 RAM

6x 2.5" drive bays, populated with 4x 500gb 7200 RPM drives, one of which is in 'failed' status from RAID. Is it actually failed, or did it just drop out of array? Don't know.

iLO v1

Gigabit ethernet

Tech time was quoted at $70, you can estimate your shipping from 350 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14202. UPS that's picked up is your choice for shipping.
Send a PM and I'm happy to take it and keep at the same DC for colo.

ChrisM

Cocktail Enthusiast
Verified Provider
@Damian Hey I sent you a pm a few hours ago about this.  Ready to move forward as long as it is still available. :)

Damian

Verified Provider
Whoops, looks like I posted and forgot to follow through with my own post. Good job, me! I'll work down the list.

Instead of shipping, would it be possible to colo?
What would that cost in that case?
I really don't know... for bandwidth, we pay for a commit instead of a monthly allocation, and we aren't using the datacenter's IPs.... so what we pay would not be what you pay. I'm sure they'll be happy to give a quote.

Damian what's the power usage on it?
Around 2 amps at 120v.

Ill take it :)
Looks like you're the first post to say "i'll take it!" unless i'm missing one. I'll get in touch with you.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I WANT MY SERVER AND SOME NEW NIKEEEEEEES.  AT the mall yo'.

Who got the server?   So I can add you to the CC watch list.

Virtovo

Verified Provider

Too fast little grasshopper.

amuck-landowner