amuck-landowner

Free VPS - Any specs

luis123456

I am looking for a free VPS (Not sure if it's allowed), it can be of any specifications, as long as it can handle Kloxo properly.

Specifications (suggested)

RAM: 512MB

Space: 20 GB

B/W: 200 GB

CPU: any amount

It can be less or more, but as I said before, it's for a hosting company from another dying VPS, hope I get sponsored.

Thanks in advance.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
If you could guarantee the community and providers that you would provide something useful in exchange for the VPS, you might get it. I recently got a sponsored VPS from SwiftVM for posting tutorials and useful sites, like my site CheapHTTPS.info.

Sajan P

Verified Provider
I'll give you a free VPS with a couple of conditions.  Add me on Skype for details.  sajanNOPPIX

jarland

The ocean is digital
I'll give you the following VPS for free for 3 years:

16 CPU Cores

192GB RAM

6x 3TB SATA Drives

100TB @ 10Gbps

/24 IPv4

But I'll need a $400,000 deposit which will be returned to you at the end of the 3 year period. Deal?

Tux

DigitialOcean? lel
I'll give you the following VPS for free for 3 years:

16 CPU Cores

192GB RAM

6x 3TB SATA Drives

100TB @ 10Gbps

/24 IPv4

But I'll need a $400,000 deposit which will be returned to you at the end of the 3 year period. Deal?
You make me laugh sometimes.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Tell us all what beneficial purpose this free VPS will provide to the community and someone might be generous.

Tux

DigitialOcean? lel
I'll give you a free VPS for a year if you drive to the largest city in your state and hand out our company flyers to at least 500 people and take at least 100 pictures of you doing so. We'll pay for the flyers.

Deal?
Do I have to do this all by myself? ^_^

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I'll give you a free VPS for a year if you drive to the largest city in your state and hand out our company flyers to at least 500 people and take at least 100 pictures of you doing so. We'll pay for the flyers.

Deal?
This made me  :)

luis123456

Well guys, thanks for the fun, you brought me a laugh that helped me recover from bad moments in my life.

I'm posting here to clarify things up.

While you are free (and indeed) to post blabber on my thread, sometimes if you do not have anything constructive to say it's sometimes preferred not to answer. I prefer to have my mail inbox, requests, or SMS inbox empty rather than to have it filled with carrier SPAM, nigerian scammers etc. While this request has been spammed, this will server for future requests. I know a freee VPS may be unfeasible and difficult to get, but... give me a chance, on this forum, let the LET episodes be over now.

For the serious guys, tomorrow I'll be sending a message. I'm off to sleep today, this was a very busy day.

For the guys that ask about what good a free VPS will do to the community, I can review it and also do benchmarks showing how good it is, why I feel it is right to have it and how it'll help you have it. Plus, I'd start a hosting company in it, which will have a strict approval process.

Again, I gotta say, I'm open to any conditions as long as they are reachable. Meaning, that I can meet them without making trouble. I've had lots of problems in the past with bad people, does anybody remember Grant Leeves from IT30? He burned me, and lots of FreeVPS.us members aswell.

Hope I'm clear enough, feel free to ask if you need more info.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
You go through free VPSs like candy. You're always bragging about the free VPSs you get but then threads like this pop up every other month it seems. I think you should explain to potential providers why you can't seem to hold onto free VPSs for very long after you get them.

Ivan

Verified Provider
I've seen OP in a couple of Free VPS/post for VPS forums ;) Don't you already have enough of free VPSs? 

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder

Plus, I'd start a hosting company in it, which will have a strict approval process.

You want a free product so that you can in turn make money off of it? There are a ton of reliable cheap providers with yearly deals. If you can scrounge up $12-$30 you can likely find someone to cut you a yearly deal.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
You want a free product so that you can in turn make money off of it? There are a ton of reliable cheap providers with yearly deals. If you can scrounge up $12-$30 you can likely find someone to cut you a yearly deal.
It's like talking to a brick wall. His mindset is he shouldn't have to pay for a VPS because he's entitled to it.

Here's some lovely quotes from him from other forums:

Thread he started called "I do not want a low end box!" (on FreeVPS.us)

I do not want them. Setting up a control panel is a total hassle, coupled that you may get it locked easy. I'm a resource eater.
However, if I get the resources listed above I am somewhat happy.

Most of my VPS are high end boxes, with lots of gigabytes of disk space, and terabytes of bandwidth. I have one Medium End Box tho.

And you?
From LET:

There is a thresold under which I consider resources should be free (with stock control OFC)
The resources: 

256 mb RAM (optional: 512 MB Burst) 

10 GB space 

100 GB Bandwidth 

500 MHZ CPU
Some more LET treasures:

Let's see who are providing the biggest DS and BW. RAM and CPU are not important. Free preferred, I'm not going to buy anything

I want a sponsored VPS. It's to retake an old project back into life, 7un. I want for it to have a decent amount of resources, and that it can actually run Kloxo. Don't bother asking me for money, I have it but I'm not looking to get it online
In the same thread asking for a free VPS:

I am currently having one VPS at freevps.us, but I'm using it for personal purposes since it cannot handle any of my projects (and a little VNC instance)
Anything lower end is welcome.

You may ask, what do I offer on return for this non paid VPS? Well, forum posts to be exact, ads on my site, linkbacks, support time, and anything you may want that does not require money (hard earned) to exchange hands.

I used to be a staff for them. They sucked in every way, shape and form. First I was a forum poster. Then decided to do support, and one day I got moved to sales. Glad they closed down.
Edit: VPS from them was nice and good, and treatment, before a staff member left and I was thrown all the troubles.

I would like a free KVM or Xen VPS
Enjoy. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner