amuck-landowner

Front Page

Which page would you rather see by default when you visit vpsboard.com?

• The listing of recent posts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
The new posts page that everyone is seeing does not even have the latest posts. Is it set to new threads?

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
Not 100% sure to be honest. I know thile support forum replies aren't being listed in it or latest posts which is something I've gotta look into.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Personally, don't think it is a great idea right now, like now I have an empty homepage.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I like the idea of it. Really the only thing LET has for it, as far as it's use of forum software, is the frontpage view. Other than that Vanilla is garbage.

Things to consider though:
  • How do I start a new thread from this front page with ease?
  • What are the forum categories? Maybe I don't want to see off-topic stuff and only want to search a moderately inactive forum like the ARM devices one.
I think it'd be alright if it showed all activity, and not just activity since your last visit. That way some people's homepages aren't empty and some are full. That, combined with a sidebar directory of forums for direct viewing and a link to create a new thread displayed (But the new thread link is only for specific forums anyway, so unless there is a plugin that allows for a new thread to be made on a generic page with the forum selected from a dropdown or something) then it'd be golden.

Jonathan

Woohoo
Administrator
Verified Provider
I haven't yet located a plugin for XF to really accomplish all of this. I agree we do need a way to create posts from the main page if we're doing recent posts there, and we also need it to show all recent posts regardless of a user's activity. In that sense it should be a common recent posts list for everyone, not a customized one.

I'm going to keep looking and see what I can come up with.

amuck-landowner