amuck-landowner

FYI: Planned vpsBoard maintenance will be occuring later this evening.

Licensecart

Hyperlink doesn't working correctly. If you click on the any website url, its just open same thread instead website. You can reproduce by click on your signature link or open any advertisement thread and click on the website url.

Yep, just noticed that about 20 minutes ago.

For now, please go ahead and update it manually... I do apologize. I'm not quite sure why it's that's way and will be writing IPB Support very shortly.
I had Current Version: 4.0.9.1 so I upgraded to Current Version: 4.0.11 ( 100041 )  and my IPB4 is fine  still :s so it is a import or skin issue.

Edit: Just changed to the default skin, clicked a link and it re-loaded so it's not a skin issue :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Alright fellas. I'm going to need to sleep. Very tired.

I've got an open ticket opened with IPB right now regarding the upgrade issues. The fact signature links and all pre-existing content links aren't working is a big pain in the ass. I pray that they offer an actual fix, even if means overwriting whatever updates y'all have made to your signatures between 10:45PM EST last night (last v3.4.8 backup) and today. That'd just be signature data and old post data... nothing new would be impacted.

Also, emoticons... they're gone. I kind of like not having them to be honest, but they're not gone by my choice. They're just... not there. I don't know why.

Anyhow. Nap time. Martin and Don will rock the house.

Continue to report bugs in this thread. I got a lot of work to do still. I'm aware the mobile theme is awful and the existing themes need updating as well. :)

k0nsl

Bad Goy
Good work. The little I've seen of the new changes so far are to my liking :)

I will have to inspect it more closely when I get back from my little trip with the family.

clarity

I will say that the site seems to be moving much faster to me. Is this just because of the upgrade to the forum software or were there other hardware level upgrades implemented?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I will say that the site seems to be moving much faster to me. Is this just because of the upgrade to the forum software or were there other hardware level upgrades implemented?

Was noticing this earlier.   I think the updated software uses more same page tech without reloading in spots.  Whatever the hipsters call it...

Hardware remains the same.

telephone

1. Can we get more spacing between the users reply and the Quote/MultiQuote button, or at least a visual identifier to help separate the two. If that's not in your grand scheme, then I'll just start adding empty space to the bottom of my reply :)
  2. What happened to the Advanced Reply? I for one like to preview my post before submitting (to make sure formatting is correct).

qps

Verified Provider
It doesn't seem to be remembering my login even though I told it to remember.  I just tried deleting all of the old cookies and signing in again... hopefully, that will solve the issue.

Mid

Quote said:
signatures are not shown when not signed in. when I tried to post 'this problem' on the thread, I noticed I am not able to post even after signing in (I am searching where I can type, or am I missing something, I don't know)
Now I am able to type (on chromium) but couldn't on last login (on opera) though I could see the typing area (but I didn't get the I beam cursor and even clicking many times nothing happened, will try with opera later)

Even now, sigs are shown only when signed in ( btw, I don't have any sig :) )

Another strange thing: Login is successful only if the username is Correct Case (for e.g., only 'Mid' logins ok, not lowercase 'mid' which used to be). I have checked this 3 times and same thing on opera and chromium as well. Don't know if it happens to myself only?

the link "/new-content" is not available when not signed in and doesn't work as well if not signed in (says only for members); earlier it worked and it should btw.

Mid

posting this after a while, hope this too doesn't merge with my previous post.

rds100's profile picture is not shown (but worse it throws a sexist remark on him); 

screen shot link: http://i.imgur.com/Em90cxV.jpg?1

posting with opera still doesn't work; same problem. When clicking on the one line input window to reply, the 'I Beam" cursor vanishes and normal mouse pointer appears and could not type. Opera 12.16 on Linux

preceding this post with blank lines (in case this merges with previous post)

Tyler

'Tis banging!

Good work, I really like how this came out! Hoping that things will smooth out a bit more after tweaks, but it looks great!

souen

Looking good! Thanks a lot for the update and for removing the third-party JS. :)

- Obvious minor one: need some space between the Location field and its value in member info in a post (currently shows "LocationUSA")

Is emoticons search not working? I tried to type in : ) (no spaces) and keyword and nothing came up.

Edit: nvm, just saw post saying emoticons are gone. :p

amuck-landowner