amuck-landowner

Gaming

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
My parents were keen to get me off the Spectrum and someone told them I would be more productive on one of these. It's still in the loft and works fine.

sharp_mz700_front_1.jpg

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
It certainly did the job though, from Basic I moved on to Cobol then Pascal and so on. Eventually I started working in Banking with nothing to do with IT :)

Last edited:

JonathanKW

Administrator
Administrator
I find myself playing a lot of ARMA 3 here lately.

The last war-based game I picked up was Battlefield 1 -- I had a lot of fun with it.

I have an extensive steam library, unfortunately. Going on 263+ games -- Steam just can't stop having steam sales and absorbing all of my money; thanks Gabe.

WasNotWSS

I got tired of nethack about two decades ago. Never did get into MUDs or MOOs, because that causes furries.

I am a second/third generation console gamer. All of my videyagames have fake wood grain. My favorite console is basically a PDP-11 with primitive MIDI audio, with an addon for speech synthesis, and an Atari 2600 "adapter", which is actually just using the system as a passthrough for power- it's a mini Atari 2600. All of this, in 1979.

maounique

Eventually I started working in Banking with nothing to do with IT

That is... such a coincidence!
I have an MBA and my first legal job was in banking for 3-4 years, nothing to do with IT, at the end headed the financial department of a local branch...
But I could not stay away of IT so, I eventually moved over as IT Manager to a non-financial company.

Reactions: Lee

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
But I could not stay away of IT so, I eventually moved over as IT Manager to a non-financial company.

If I could do it today I would, but getting too old and been in banking too long :)

AuroraZero

If I could do it today I would, but getting too old and been in banking too long :)

Never too old man, I had a forced retirement about 2011. I thought I was too old as well, but now I just do what I can and it seems to work out. I am not exactly a young buck anymore and you know I like it better this way, things make more sense and my experience has given a unique perspective on things.

Reactions: Lee

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Never too old man

True, now that the kids are grown up I have been thinking about going back and doing another Degree whilst I still work at the bank. I do get the best of both worlds, spend a lot of time at home and quite a bit in Gran Canaria as I can work from anywhere now.

rmcdougal01

@Jonathan just finished Horizon: Zero Dawn which is an awesome game and the story line is very original. Right now I am downloading Sniper Ghost Warrior 3..

Radi

I used to play SA-MP(San Andreas Multiplayer) but left for a break from it some years ago. Now decided to come back. Anyone?

Also big fan of Skyrim. I do re-play it from time to time to test new mods.

Radi

Now I am playing Euro Truck 2 and American Truck Simulator. Recently got all packs for both games and am pretty happy with them.

amuck-landowner