amuck-landowner

GetKVM acquired by Bradler & Krantz & Co.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Really? You never mentioned that in any of our conversations. A bit of a snake aren't we Fran.

For the record nobody was part of a show. I do what i do to make money and feed my family not to win a popularity contest, during the time i do this i provide a solid service no doubt.

I don't understand how some people take my decisions so personally. Are you still getting the service you signed up for? I bet you are. I'm the first to admit the VMPort > URPAD move was a trainwreck, but this is a completely different scenario.
How am I a sneak? You jacked my website <_<

I always felt uneasy after that but I let it be and based any opinion on what feedback people said of your services offered.

I never used GetKVM/VMPORT. I did like the vmport brand more, but maybe that's just because I liked the designs more :p

Francisco

Ash

Everytime I have an uneasy feeling about someone I tell them because that's what people normally do, right?
Yeah? That's what people with balls would do.

I wouldn't act all Mr Niceguy in conversations (AKA Fran), then talk crap about somebody the first chance i got. I guess I expect other people to be genuine too.

And i didn't call you a sneak, i called you a snake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
I wouldn't act all Mr Niceguy in conversations (AKA Fran), then talk crap about somebody the first chance i got. I guess I expect other people to be genuine too.

And i didn't call you a sneak, i called you a snake.
The difference between you and Francisco is that he genuinely is a nice guy that tries to give people the benefit of the doubt.  Instead of nitpicking over the sneak/snake nonsense, perhaps take a moment to acknowledge that he directly pointed out what made him uneasy about you (ie - you pulling a bluevm and straight up jacking our website).  He was friendly to you as a courtesy;  being the unpitying asshole is my job.

Yeah? That's what people with balls would do.
You are of course welcome to simply go fuck yourself if you happen to dislike someone's opinion of you.  That 'direct' enough for you?  Perhaps if more of your interactions had been with me instead, you'd come to appreciate Fran's politness rather than my apathy.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
"ie - you pulling a bluevm and straight up jacking our website"

Hmm? BlueVM's site isn't stolen from you guys. Unless this was from before my time?

BlueVM

Verified Provider
We've changed a lot since then... I'll be the first to admit having our site design look similar to BuyVM's when we started was not a great choice on my part.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Good ol' Aldryic >_>

Get a few drinks in him, some late night pizza, & a sit in the hot tub and he goes stampeding for peoples faces >_>

I'll try to restate things nicer than Aldryic. I never forgave the site ripping of many hosts (not just the 2 mentioned here) and have gone out of my way to help them. Be it doing my best to recover a trashed array or trying to direct some sales to them for areas we aren't in at this time.

Look at it from an outsider. "Ashley" created boxsrv then sold it to...Ashley. The site was changed later on and later renamed to VMPORT. VMPORT went through 3 - 4 designs and was then sold. While the details of the sale to URPAD was never documented, more than a few people said it was nasty to put it lightly.

You formed a new brand with the aim of doing things a lot better than you first run, only to sell it < 1 year later. You had at least 1 post up that you were closing out your east coast (NJ?) location only for the terms of that to suddenly change due to some deal you cut with your datacenter.

That deal didn't matter, though, since you still sold it a few months later on the basis of "Screw this childish BS I need to get a real living". You get my praise for at least admitting to that and hopefully going through with it. There is countless hosts around that shouldn't be in this business, not only because of technical skill, but because they aren't pricing themselves properly to get more staff onboard and or enough for them to cover their own salaries.

There's simply too many hosts that have owners with 2+ jobs just to get things by. There has been too many stories on WHT where said owners lose one of those jobs and has to close that brand because the brand was never breaking even. Their hopes were to either sell out to someone or to get enough sales to buy themselves into better pricing brackets.

Francisco

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
"ie - you pulling a bluevm and straight up jacking our website"

Hmm? BlueVM's site isn't stolen from you guys. Unless this was from before my time?
Right, this was a while back.  We went through a fairly amusing couple of months where a bunch of new companies would spring up, have a slightly modified version of Fran's hand-made theme, and claim that "it was a downloaded template".

Actually, the hilarious one was Boxsrv.  Where he not only blatantly stole the theme, but then tried to accuse us of stealing it from him.  Absolutely absurd - I'll have to track down the WHT thread it all went down in later.  It's good for a laugh.  Leaning later on that Ashely was behind it is pretty much what cemented my opinion of the kid.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Scary to think people would want to rip of the Buyvm design, it's hardly, well, worth it.  No offence..

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Scary to think people would want to rip of the Buyvm design, it's hardly, well, worth it.  No offence..
None taken - and indeed, that was what we originally thought.  Eh, not that pretty;  but functional and we shouldnt have issues with people trying to rip it off.  Guess we were wrong there >_<

I get a bigger kick when people try to steal content, though.. Ive seen some kids rip our entire TOS/AUP, including the tl;dr sections I put at the top - and then try to play innocent or claim they came up with it all themselves.

amuck-landowner