amuck-landowner

GetKVM_Ash back with yet another VPS brand

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Just playing the devil's advocate here.

Technically part of being an entrepreneur is to have an exit plan.  It's possible Ash's exit plan was to sell it off to a larger brand allowing the specific brand (that was purchased) to grow with the new brand (purchased company).  

I mean this doesn't mean I'll go to his new brand or get service from him again, but it's a perfectly legitimate strategy they teach in business schools.  

I don't endorse this, but I find it a legitimate strategy.  

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Is there a reason we are suppose to dislike him??

Mun
He's just one of the "(Public) I'm getting out of the game, later guys! *Sells business*" / "(Actual) Time to pump-n-dump another bunch of clients through a new brand to make a quick buck."

I'll give him this, it's a clean design. Not sure if it's a template or if he found someone to put it together.

Francisco
At least it's not blatantly stolen from another provider this time.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Is there a reason we are suppose to dislike him??

Mun
People aren't happy that he has sold both of his brands. The 1st was a rush out the door but he supposedly made promises that GetKVM would be his long term project and he was going no where.

While Urpad claimed that things weren't exactly on the up n' up with VMPORT, there has been no reports of anyone getting screwed or forced out of locations too much.

There was a story, though, that urpad was initially forcing all KVM users to OpenVZ. I'm not sure if that went through or if they stopped that.

Francisco

wlanboy

Content Contributer
The 1st was a rush out the door but he supposedly made promises that GetKVM would be his long term project and he was going no where.
And that is reason why I will not buy anything from him.

It is legitimate to sell his company but not after the pledge that it is a long term project.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
And that is reason why I will not buy anything from him.

It is legitimate to sell his company but not after the pledge that it is a long term project.
That's fair enough.

What I don't get is that when he sold GetKVM he made a comment that he was getting out of the industry and getting a proper paying job since he was tired of dealing with the crap the LE market brings... But it seems he dived back in?

Francisco

lv-matt

Folks may remember GetKVM_Ash and his last flipped brand: http://vpsboard.com/topic/1781-getkvm-acquired-by-bradler-krantz-co/

Well, as per a WHT offer, Ash is back with a new brand:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1323724

The new brand is Virtual6.

Location is Kansas City.

Deal is IPV6-only for a bit less than same with dual IPv4/IPv6.
You missed his last one with UK servers.

South Yorkshire IT, started offering VPS, stopped a few days / weeks ago. That brand lasted about a month.

Last edited by a moderator:

wlanboy

Content Contributer
he made a comment that he was getting out of the industry and getting a proper paying job since he was tired of dealing with the crap the LE market brings... But it seems he dived back in?
Yup - he talks a dog off a meat truck.

Tactical

Where is the beer!
LOL I'll go ahead and make him a offer for his clients since he going to sell them off in about a month! (Just a joke)

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
You missed his last one with UK servers.

South Yorkshire IT, started offering VPS, stopped a few days / weeks ago. That brand lasted about a month.
That was that stupid looking website (blog?) about how he got a bank loan for an E3. Someone showed me that and it was Ash's website.

EDIT: http://syitcouk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/syit-secure-funding-for-xeon-v3-buildout.html is what I was referring to.

Honestly if I can afford a few Supermicro E3's them in the UK anyone can, what's the point of a bluddy loan/"funding" especially for a grown guy like him who supposedly has a dayjob.

javaj

I don't get why poeple start a bunch of different brands selling the same thing.

I can see doing it for having a brand for a hosting website, vps website, dedicated servers etc.,

But just going out and starting different brands for the same service just doesn't any make sense to me.

Especially if your a one man show, how the hell do you keep track of them all.

Support tickets must be a bitch trying to remember: what the hell company am I now again?

trewq

Verified Provider
I don't get why poeple start a bunch of different brands selling the same thing.

I can see doing it for having a brand for a hosting website, vps website, dedicated servers etc.,

But just going out and starting different brands for the same service just doesn't any make sense to me.

Especially if your a one man show, how the hell do you keep track of them all.

Support tickets must be a bitch trying to remember: what the hell company am I now again?
To try and get more of the market share quickly and to separate problems that may arise.

For example having multiple different coffee shops. Sure they all have the same thing but the atmosphere and target market are different. Diversification is the key to success.

javaj

Ah, that makes sense I guess...

I  suppose in Ash's case, get one or two to a large enough size and sell them, while retaining the rest.

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
What I don't get is that when he sold GetKVM he made a comment that he was getting out of the industry and getting a proper paying job since he was tired of dealing with the crap the LE market brings... But it seems he dived back in?
...because he is a serial liar?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I thought it was pretty standard procedure in this industry that when you sell a company, you sign an agreement that you will not start a new company in X amount of time. Usually a year or more.

concerto49

Verified Provider
I thought it was pretty standard procedure in this industry that when you sell a company, you sign an agreement that you will not start a new company in X amount of time. Usually a year or more.
YDGH and BitAccel was started in a short time.

It's standard, meant to be anyway, except...

amuck-landowner