amuck-landowner

Google Glass: Is the choice clear?

BlackoutIsHere

Verified Provider
My biggest complaint about Glass is the Battery Life, it simply sucks. I can get about 8 hours before I need a charge. Google does say that a Typical user will get a full day but I am not a Typical user.

Also, At the moment there is no support for prescription glasses. I can say that Google is working on it though 
Have you ever worn them with the cable running to another battery pack?

Edit: Also how many hostages did you take to get your pair?

Last edited by a moderator:

wdq

Quade
My biggest complaint about Glass is the Battery Life, it simply sucks. I can get about 8 hours before I need a charge. Google does say that a Typical user will get a full day but I am not a Typical user.

Also, At the moment there is no support for prescription glasses. I can say that Google is working on it though 
Yeah, some of the reviews I read said that Glass only gets about five or so hours on a charge which is really pretty bad. 

I've also read that Google might not have prescription support in the first generation of Glass, but future generations might. 

SkylarM

Verified Provider

Typical user. Bwahahaha. Yeah if I am wearing Glass I'll be using it. Moar battery life.

Jade

NodeServ
Verified Provider
I'll be perfectly honest, being able to yell at your glasses for directions and have it right there is preeeeetty amazing.Countless times I've started to drive but forgot to start up my iPhone Maps and set it up. But yeah driving with that on screen would be.... interesting.
Oh yes, that's the best part haha

Shados

Professional Snake Miner
Primarily voice-based interface and no haptic feedback mechanism... too clunky, honestly. I'll wait for better tech, and more cool AR software.

shawn_ky

I'd use them.. Don't know to what extent, but would be a cool gadget to have... Price tag for me is steep... usually why I am not an early adopter.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarland

The ocean is digital
I just don't see myself doing it. For every time I've thought someone was a douchebag for walking around with their bluetooth headset hollering at no one until they turn their head and you figure it out, I refuse to be the next generation of bluetooth headset douchebags. This is just bluetooth douchebag 2.0 to me.

BlackoutIsHere

Verified Provider
I think this could be better then Bluetooth headsets in some respects. I do see your point and I hope they work to reduce stuff like that.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
A nifty idea? Sure. Would I want any part of them? Nope. Not until you can break them away from Google 100%.. I'm already moving pretty much all of my stuff away from Google to self-hosted solutions now.

amuck-landowner