amuck-landowner

Gorack $25.50 1U Special

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Sadly, the US mind set of lowest-bidder construction being what it is, said tank would make it through the wall a few feet to the side of the gate just fine :3

tonyg

@KuJoe So I guess that means that CC would not be able to operate out of GoRack.

By the way, great writing skills...that post about the armed guards and stuff had me cracking up.

Last edited by a moderator:

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Since they are the only data center in the build (Federal Reserve of Atlanta) and it's a government facility I'm pretty sure there are extensive hoops to jump through to get any new upstreams in there.
Yeah you'd likely backhaul it all.

Best bet is to wait for 421 W Church Street to open ;) http://datacenterblogger.com/?p=5

willie

Aside from the issue of the ad being more than a year old, a colo server with just 10 mbit of connectivity doesn't sound all that useful.  I can get that from my mom's comcast without shipping boxes around the country.  If you get the 100 mbit upgrade in the Gorack offer, it's still a good deal but no longer that surprisingly inexpensive.

I know that some cloud places charge only for outbound bandwidth and I've figured that's because their dc's have a surplus of inbound capacity.  Is that the situation?  Is there any way to get hold of that in a low cost colo?  I.e. low cost inbound transit and higher cost outbound.  The main thing I want with a colo these days is to get data from remote sites onto hard drives that I'd be able to retrieve physically.

KuJoe

Verified Provider
I'm pretty sure that's 10Mbps 95th% and not a 10Mbps port. Adding @SC-Daniel

willie

Ah, thanks Joe, that makes more sense.  That's more interesting then, though I'd sure like to find something more local so I could get at the space myself instead of having to ship a box around.  I just got a vps from Crissic that I think is at that dc, and its network speed seems fine so far, if anyone cares.

amuck-landowner