amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost / GVH and HostNun banned for operating shill ring

MeanServers

Verified Provider
Wow, I think this is great news for LET though, will definitely clean up all the GVH non-sense that really had become a daily routine over there. Now if only they would kick him off WHT, I think order would finally be brought to the universe.

Gallaeaho

Verified Provider
Even if she used her western name, her last name should be the same but it's not.
Allow me to clarify.

In today's day and age, I'm sure that a large percentage of the people that man support systems out there, do not use their real names when replying to tickets. Outsourced support agencies especially. I've seen some pretty creative names out there.

I am known to the GVH support system as Shivanthi. It is a name that I chose to represent me. In fact, if the name is brought up on LET/WHT/wherever, I openly state, that yes, it is in fact I. I also post on the LowEndBox main site as Shivanthi, and have been doing so for a year or so. Shivanthi is not a new name for me.

Now, regarding all the other "what ifs" with regards to my posting offers for GVH: No, I will not be posting future offers for GVH. Jonny is banned, and I more than learned my lesson the first time I posted just an email that I received from GVH, while still a client, while Jonny was banned.

With regards to the whole IP address geolocating snafu, I shared this picture with Colocrossing for the benefit of my case against the allegation of being HostNun:

http://i.imgur.com/7Wr2NET.png

And here's another, that I just snapped from my phone. Note: The province that I'm supposedly in, changed: http://i.imgur.com/pSWztID.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonathan

Woohoo
Verified Provider
Allow me to clarify.

In today's day and age, I'm sure that a large percentage of the people that man support systems out there, do not use their real names when replying to tickets. Outsourced support agencies especially. I've seen some pretty creative names out there.

I am known to the GVH support system as Shivanthi. It is a name that I chose to represent me. In fact, if the name is brought up on LET/WHT/wherever, I openly state, that yes, it is in fact I. I also post on the LowEndBox main site as Shivanthi, and have been doing so for a year or so. Shivanthi is not a new name for me.

Now, regarding all the other "what ifs" with regards to my posting offers for GVH: No, I will not be posting future offers for GVH. Jonny is banned, and I more than learned my lesson the first time I posted just an email that I received from GVH, while still a client, while Jonny was banned.

With regards to the whole IP address geolocating snafu, I shared this picture with Colocrossing for the benefit of my case against the allegation of being HostNun:

http://i.imgur.com/7Wr2NET.png

And here's another, that I just snapped from my phone. Note: The province that I'm supposedly in, changed: http://i.imgur.com/pSWztID.png
Why would you want to use a fake name?  Why do you consider this to be acceptable business practice?

This is like saying that it'd be perfectly normal to walk into Walmart or McDonalds and everyone have nametags on that represented whatever name they wanted to call themselves, or worse, what management thinks they should be called.  Then you have a customer "Hey Frankie", while the staff doesn't even acknowledge them since Frankie isn't their name so their brain isn't trained to listen for it.  Aliases are for games, not businesses.

Using anything less than your real name means that you've got something to hide in most cases and generally outsourced support is what's attempting to be hidden.  So don't use your full last name, use an initial, but seriously there's just about 0 valid arguments about using your legitimate first name being bad.  Transparency is very important and hiding things as simple as a real name is not very transparent.

Gallaeaho

Verified Provider
Why would you want to use a fake name?  Why do you consider this to be acceptable business practice?

This is like saying that it'd be perfectly normal to walk into Walmart or McDonalds and everyone have nametags on that represented whatever name they wanted to call themselves, or worse, what management thinks they should be called.  Then you have a customer "Hey Frankie", while the staff doesn't even acknowledge them since Frankie isn't their name so their brain isn't trained to listen for it.  Aliases are for games, not businesses.

Using anything less than your real name means that you've got something to hide in most cases and generally outsourced support is what's attempting to be hidden.  So don't use your full last name, use an initial, but seriously there's just about 0 valid arguments about using your legitimate first name being bad.  Transparency is very important and hiding things as simple as a real name is not very transparent.
I chose to use an alternative name at GVH because that is what I felt most comfortable doing. Please at least understand where I am coming from, and that I understand the points that you're trying to make. I'm just being honest with you.

I agree with you that transparency is important. That's why I want to break the layer that I chose to step behind in order to do what's most comfortable for me. I will immediately cease to use my alias and will, from here on in, be known as my true name.

k0nsl

Bad Goy
I don't find using a pseudonym in the hosting business is acceptable unless you are aware that the company is totally crap or involved in scamming and thus want to "protect yourself" in some manner. What acceptable use would one have to be using a pseudonym in a legitimate business where there's no threat to you (judicial or otherwise)? I don't see any reasons to not use your real name in a legit business.

For other venues, sure, I can understand the uses for pseudonym - but not in this case, unless you can come up with a good reason for it?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
My take on transparency is that anyone touching customer info or with direct access to such shouldn't be a cartoon or a child.   Person should be trustworthy and actually an employee.  A contractor can work where proper paper is in place and preferably highly limited access.

Big picture here, I doubt anyone is drawing a real job out of GVH land.  Employees aren't cheap.

Same issue / problem is repeated all over Lowendlandia.

"So don't use your full last name, use an initial,"

I've recommended that to many companies in this industry and far more outside of this industry.  

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Customer service agents often only use their first names, but you were listed in the last GVH offer as "Customer Service GM"...a managerial position.  I've never seen any legitimate company publicly use fake names for its managers or executives, directors, or vice presidents like GVH has repeatedly done (who can forget the "press release" announcing a person who didn't even exist had been appointed the new "Director of Operations")

According to mpkossen there will be no more GVH offers posted by anyone on LET.

GVH staff on LET is apparently however still free to continuing  attempting to mislead potential customers.  Here's an exchange tonight between a LET poster and GVH_Eric (GVH's "Senior Administrator"):

LET poster: Jonny claimed the limit being seen of 300 MHz was due to intel speedstep which is well, BS!

GVH_Eric: I'm not sure why it was running at such a low speed, I'll look into it.

I find it hard to believe that GVH's "Senior Administrator" doesn't know exactly why that CPU was showing 300 MHz and needs "to look into it" to know why it was running at that speed. 

The bolded part of this post which was posted by Mr. O. in the LET cestpit yesterday explains how it is possible to have a 333 MHz CPU speed on a processor where the lowest Intel Speedstep speed is 1200 MHz:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/745377/#Comment_745377

Please. Don't get fooled by the abuse bullshit. Have you ever seen any other company here blaming abuse on the node every time something goes wrong? Don't other companies get this so famous "abuse" at all?

They claim to have staff 24/7. Can't they manage their ~20-30 boxes?

GVH has insufficient hardware configs and they put a huge amount of VPS on their nodes. So, they don't have any room when more than few VPS use their IO, CPU or network resources at the same time.

Just so your idle VPS appears to work time to time, that doesn't mean everything is working fine for others on other nodes all the time. And the frequency of things going wrong is so god damn high. There are at least 200 comments from different people here on LET about GVH that their VPS is down or not working as it should etc.

The guy is putting 10GB VPS on 64GB nodes. He's putting 250GB SSD storage VPS to 4/6 x 1TB SSD RAID10 nodes. The resources you think you are buying are beyond imaginary and absolutely ridiculous. They are not good deals at all. He's basically lying at every chance he gets.

That 24 vCPU deal having 333Mhz cores getting justified by Intel's SpeedStep. Is there any bigger bullshit ever thrown around than that? E5 2620's speed step frequency is 1200MHz at lowest. What he does is creating a 24 vCPU VPS where you can only use 4 vCPU that has 400 cpu units. 2000MHz / 24 * 4 = 333MHz.

He was claiming to have 256GB nodes yesterday and when someone asked for a free -m output, he couldn't provide it. First he said he was busy. Then he said he had no access to the node. Then started to show his songs he wrote.

He claimed to have 6 figure salary then it turned out to be $1000/mo.

And so on...

He's lying his ass off. He's overloading the servers to the extremes. He's selling yearly deals to pay his monthly bills. He's hiring and firing people on skype chats. He's handing out node root credentials to random people he finds on group chats. He just got out of debt a few weeks ago. His business is not profitable. It's a ponzi scheme.

And what's the worst? He actually believes that he has a great company that makes tons of money. He's talking down to others. He's calling them retarded. He's laughing his ass off when naive people like you buy his shit and he gets to pay his bills for another month.

His existence on this site is a middle finger to anyone honest and decent.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I think a Coke Freestyle may be next.  http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BA_1I5lKZOE/Tu-vhMMyp8I/AAAAAAAACCE/Mx1x2OJyF7Y/s1600/coke-freestyle-hires.jpg

Maybe popcorn.  Popcorn machines are cheap in comparison.

EDIT: Though popcorn certainly fits the situation here much better ;)
I am jealous of you and your office.

Also to be perfectly honest, I can't honestly trust anyone with the name GVH in front of them.  I mean hell you know how Johnny goes around under a false name, maybe it's another one of his false accounts acting as "Chief Executive Marketing Operations Networking Officer"?

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Since we're laying it all out there, my name isn't Joe... it's Joseph. Sorry for the deception everyone. :(

( ;))
ALL THIS TIME.  HOW COULD YOU? 

And now you'll tell me Secure Dragon is actually a front for world domination!  

nunim

VPS Junkie

Jonathan

Woohoo
Verified Provider
Got me all excited but it looks like you can't buy them only lease ($300/mo is pretty steep), and I'm sure the refill cartridges much more expensive than typical bag in a box.
That's the main reason we don't have one...well that and the fact that our current office has no room for it.  Maybe the next office.  Got about a year left in this one.

nunim

VPS Junkie
Could always check into Spire - Pepsi's version of a Freestyle.
Pepsi.....?  :eek: You don't mention Pepsi to people from The South!

It's like eating Chicago style(deep dish) pizza in NYC.

On Topic:  I bet GVH will be back to LET/LEB in a month or less. 

amuck-landowner