amuck-landowner

GreenValueHost / GVH and HostNun banned for operating shill ring

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I like Duke, had high hopes for him.  GVH stuff, customers, debt load, plus the continuous dramas Jonny lights up waste TONS of cycles.   Stress is enough to make anyone buckle and wonder what he got himself into.

If I were in Duke's boots I'd be vicious and probably threatening to legally weld Jonny's mouth shut.

At some point, if the biz isn't viable and ROI isn't there vs. the time and work investment then you roll it over.  Move on.  Unsure if that's where this is, but seems like it is near.

zed

We should move this new drama back to the original gvhxfs thread, what does this have to do with poor HostNun? :p

I just realized XFS is another colocrossing host, I guess if I'd noticed earlier this all playing out as it has would have been (even more) obvious.

DomainBop's timeline is a little amusing, how come you didn't dig that out for us drmike?!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
We should move this new drama back to the original gvhxfs thread, what does this have to do with poor HostNun? :p

I just realized XFS is another colocrossing host, I guess if I'd noticed earlier this all playing out as it has would have been (even more) obvious.

DomainBop's timeline is a little amusing, how come you didn't dig that out for us drmike?!

This one?

mid-2013: Twitter: Xfuse owner posts on his Twitter page that he doesn't have any money coming in to feed his kids or pay his bills

mid-2014: Xfuse owner embarks on a public begging campaign on multiple sites including a "CenturyLink sucks" consumer complaint Facebook page he runs, and on every webhosting forum known to man, asking other people to donate money so he can feed his kids and pay his bills

early 2015: less than 6 months after the public begging campaign, Xfuse and its owner is suddenly a picture of financial stability and allegedly able to acquire heavily indebted companies assets

--------------------------------------

Well, because I leave @DomainBop to have some air and material and that's not my angle.  It's a fair perspective.  I would likely be smacking that drum if I didn't know more of this situation internally as it happened with emphasis on pre-Xfuse/Duke taking of GVH customers.

Small companies being cash strapped and heads of such having cash flow after accident is fairly normal.  Medical bills are the leading cause of bankruptcy in the US.

Way back a long long time ago I had contempt for Duke, even leaned on him in unfriendly ways when was involved cleaning up hacked company.   Have yet to see bad intent out of Duke.

Worst I see going on is IOUs to his vendor, some of which he inherited.  No secret that lowend company takeovers rarely are successful.  Most end up slim to nothing left and lots of bailing by customers.  Which means acquirer needs to hit sales hard.  No secret either, that this year, sales aren't so good for a lot of folks.

Kris

For all anyone knows they could have dropped the hammer on GVH a couple of months ago similar to the way they dropped it on HVH a couple of years ago and they have their man from Louisiana doing cleanup and playing the public saviour while they try to keep their role hidden again.  
This. They want to keep those servers online (E3's are a dime a dozen now) so if you want to make sense of his financials... It would make sense he's essentially Ernie #2 in terms of being the "owner" 

I don't think he took on server payments and a shitload of angry clients. He took on only one, the ladder. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Must have more dramas...  My corn futures are rising!

EKfPBwnlNN3TUIA.jpg

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
@MannDude, do you want it here or on another thread? Don't want to hijack this thread even more because this isn't about me or my company, it's about two others.

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
@MannDude, do you want it here or on another thread? Don't want to hijack this thread even more because this isn't about me or my company, it's about two others.
No, this thread hasn't ever really been about Host Nun. I was immediately unbanned after mpkossen realized 'his mistake' and I haven't ever taken part in a GVH 'shill ring', whatever the hell that even means.

As to why the thread title remains to mislead newcomers, I guess only @MannDude knows.

comXyz

So Duke really bought GVH? I though the deal was over? Or there is some information that I'm missing?

LVUh8vJ.png

souen

@comXyz: AIUI, he picked up GVH's clients, not the name.

See his regarding the deal in the "let's clear the air" thread, discussion continuing there.

amuck-landowner