amuck-landowner

Hmm, So we have bad language here?

Mun

Never Forget
So when I am at work on my lunch break I generally make a visit to VPSBoard, LET, Gaming-servers.net, and a few other sites to see what is going on in the world. However, I won't be able to go to VPSboard anymore due to bad language. Please note, LET is not banned on this, so you have one uped them in the bad language category.

vpsboard.png

Last edited by a moderator:

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
I use more bad language on lowendtalk (of course) so I don't get why only VPSB is blocked

Jade

NodeServ
Verified Provider
Are you at work? If so it's probably just a block on keywords o; Use a proxy :D

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Haha, weird. I've never seen that. Mun, what company provides blocking?

Pmadd

I don't know about Mun, but Light Speed seems to block it at my place of work for the same reason.

jarland

The ocean is digital
Well I for one know that I've used a lot of fucking language over there, more than I've even read here collectively.

nunim

VPS Junkie
God damn you *&%#%@*%@!&!@, you should all go to #$%* and die.  *%&@*#$ censorship! &@#$s!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Children need to know when to use words like FUCK YOU effectively.     We are here to teach them the power of speech.  Proper speech.

Magiobiwan

Insert Witty Statement Here
Verified Provider
It's more an issue of teaching them when NOT to use it, since teenagers seem to use it quite often when it doesn't need to be used.

kro

Verified Provider
I think we are getting on a bit, it just normal chit chatter these days, lovely word that can be used many different ways ^_^

lbft

I honestly have been trying to cut back on the amount of swearing I do (people on IRC can tell you how I've been failing miserably), although I've always tended to keep it out of forum posts.

IMHO swear words have the strongest expressive power when they're used infrequently.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
You won't want your children to grow up to become uncultured street gangsters.

Censorship is good when used appropriately.
Indeed and so far, that hasn't been a problem with my kids.On the flip side, they are well aware of what 'sweary words' are and don't use them at all despite hearing me mouth off every so often when something is going wrong.

Censorship is good, yes. Exposure is better.

Amitz

I whould say that this is just fucking bullshit and the bitches that wrote that filter are pure assholes. Fuck! This really sucks! They must have small penises and dry vaginas. All of them shitheads! Bad language? Here? Stupid Horseshit.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I wonder if someone reported us for bad language to the nanny state'ists compiling that list?... Kind of like they keep doing with AdBlock to block vpsBoard's ads.

A fresh glass of Haterade for lunch.

Kakashi

Verified Provider
I've worked in a lot of places but have rarely seen bad language as an excuse to filter sites in a work environment.

amuck-landowner