amuck-landowner

Hostress Closing? Dumps former GVH customers.

mrwright

::sigh:: I had hope for  tdale . We inadvertently launched around the same time. Customer service, not taking on too much debt and paying your bills goes a long way. 

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Quote said:
Hostress Closing?
Looks like the prophesied event (predicted when Hostress v2 launched) has become reality. The Ho-stress v2 site has been offline for several days.  Must be something about October...Ho-Stress v1 deadpooled at the end of last October.

0 for 5:

UGVPS/secretly sold a few months after launch to Fabozzi (aka Crystal v2)

DigTheMine/deadpool

Hostress v1/deadpool

GreenValueHost v?/deadpool

Hostress v2/deadpool.  

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
::sigh:: I had hope for  tdale . We inadvertently launched around the same time. Customer service, not taking on too much debt and paying your bills goes a long way. 

Tdale just doesn't give a flying f*ck.   I mean I gave him a return chance and all... he shit the bed still..  at least this time it wasn't some ID fraud type thing ala Crystal.

This stuff isn't hard.  But it does require you care, can deal with stress, that you show up daily and put in hours, that you reply to tickets, that you deliver products...

Don't know if Buylow had Tdale on pay to be the bullet eater or what.  Cause way too early into the brand combos under Tdale he checked out. 

Bad when his customers contact me and his 'workers' cause the guy is MIA for weeks at a time.

Unsure what the excuse is this merry-go-round... other than he just didn't care.  There will be no round THREE or I will rain on the parade be more annoying than ever.  Nothing personal, I just won't stand for people getting beat once again.  

AuroraZero

The biggest problem I have in all these debacles is the new and unknowing customers coming into this industry without a clue. They do not know how to research these companies and get the info they need to make an informed decision. A lot of the posts about these things get buried after awhile and people miss them. Some of the posts get locked and sunk, or deleted entirely. I am not saying it happens here but other places. 

This makes it really hard for the new customers to find the info they need. Especially when the search is broken and they do not know it. Again not here, but other places. I know that as Admins and Mods you should not have to babysit people, but if someone is allowed to post on the site it allows for some kind of credence to the character of the poster and thus his company. It may not be expressly implied in the rules and you can tell people all day that is not how it is, but in people's minds that is how it works. 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
The biggest problem I have in all these debacles is the new and unknowing customers coming into this industry without a clue. They do not know how to research these companies and get the info they need to make an informed decision. A lot of the posts about these things get buried after awhile and people miss them. Some of the posts get locked and sunk, or deleted entirely. I am not saying it happens here but other places. 

This makes it really hard for the new customers to find the info they need. Especially when the search is broken and they do not know it. Again not here, but other places. I know that as Admins and Mods you should not have to babysit people, but if someone is allowed to post on the site it allows for some kind of credence to the character of the poster and thus his company. It may not be expressly implied in the rules and you can tell people all day that is not how it is, but in people's minds that is how it works. 

I research companies daily.  Still amazed at things I stumble into and not prior known.   For a customer short on time and ability to perform such research, they are buying randomly from marketing points and whatever jives with their personality.  Very bad way to buy.  Same folks buy lunch like that and well, self victimization as a way to cope for a big chunk is their MO.

Aside from a very complex system fed with good points and bad points on all providers, little that can be done.  I mean other sites won't ban many-time frauds after years of bad behavior.  At least here we rain on misdoers and seemingly about to go on risk folks when it seems clear.

I have a solution, it's work though. That's why no one has done such... and I doubt one could go pimping advertising to bank roll it and certainly couldn't get provider chip ins to fund it.  Since so intense on human time, it would cost quite a bit annually to run and continue to keep evergreen.

amuck-landowner