amuck-landowner

Hostress, LLC has acquired GreenValueHost v2 Clients and domain.

tdale

Verified Provider
This is very exciting news for GVH clients. We are pleased to now have you as a client and cannot wait to start providing you with our exceptional Hostress services.

Hostress is a full service provider. We include 24x7x365 support and 30 minutes or less customer service response time. We offer Shared Web Hosting, Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers and Co-location.

We will begin migrating all of your accounts over to our infrastructure including but not limited to Account portal, Hosting services and more. You will not lose any functionality from this migration.

Any recurring payments you have setup with PayPal have been canceled. If you would like to setup recurring payments again please do so on your next invoice. We accept PayPal and all major credit and debit cards.

Please stay tuned for more information as we begin the migration process.

Thank you for your loyalty

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Well I am glad customers weren't dumped out in the cold hard streets.

I am hoping @tdale can make it work.  

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Why?

Wouldn't it be best at this point to just "old-yeller" the brand? Give it a final hug good bye and take it out back and put it down as the humane and just thing to do.

What can we (honestly) expect you to do differently? What about existing customers running on unsustainable plans? Are you offering them charity by keeping them around? What about the GVH debt owed? Are you now going to take that on as well? With all due respect, I just think the brand would be better off nuked instead of yet another attempt to revive it.

Last edited by a moderator:

GIANT_CRAB

You can't be serious... How many press release must there be until this GVH thing dies out... Why would any sane person or company even acquire such a bullshit company.

EDIT: 

1ROywD2.jpg

tdale

Verified Provider
@drmike Thank you for the support!

@MannDude I don't want to see people out in the dark with services they are using actively. As of right now I am not assuming any ColoCrossing Debt occurred by Jon or Duke. I have acquired gvhclientarea.com and contents of the company that was apart of Jon's "v2"

@GIANT_CRAB This will be the last one, Duke has greenvaluehost.com Jon can't come back anymore.

Everyone else,

There will be updates coming soon, We are working through gvh's whmcs and will start migrating customers to my.hostress.net shortly. I will start sending out pre reminders and hope to have this migrated within 15 days or so.

Thank you!

Dillybob

Also, I thought Duke-Nukem was gonna get the customers?

I think a lot people were upset at him because he didn't want to do any refunds or something.  Duke, it's time for a new video, explain urself! 

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I'll add Hostress to the list of hosts "not to use". Thanks.
I wouldn't jump to do that so quick.

I am mega ummm protective of customers and the BS they deal with in this industry (some actually run businesses from their services).  Easy for us in the know to laugh that people buy from GVH (and a long list of other brands).

If @tdale tries and it works out for customers, great.  Well done.  If later it goes sideways instead then so be it.

Guess if we were dealing with normal companies, they'd refund customers and all that jazz.  But that doesn't happen often in hosting, so this is about as good as we all can hope for.

That said, no clue how @tdale is fulfilling plans sold.  Some of those were like unlimited SSLs and other things that cost money.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
@tdale, can you confirm, did you 'acquire' "GreenValueHost Inc" or did you just acquire the assets?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
@tdale, can you confirm, did you 'acquire' "GreenValueHost Inc" or did you just acquire the assets?
I think he acquired the "assets".  That would be the billing database, and access to servers where customer files are.

He also received a billing GVH domain.  Greenvaluehost.com Duke has control of and retained.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Title/topic is misleading then... and potentially a very big headache for @tdale.

See, this is what happens when people throw around names and titles without actually understanding what it means. If the title/topic that he used is to believed then he has inherited a lot of debt.

tdale

Verified Provider
Well, Technically Duke acquired the company first. Took the domain and all the debt and sold me the 2nd customer db, servers and domain. So this is accurate without the headache.

Title/topic is misleading then... and potentially a very big headache for @tdale.

See, this is what happens when people throw around names and titles without actually understanding what it means. If the title/topic that he used is to believed then he has inherited a lot of debt.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Well, Technically Duke acquired the company first. Took the domain and all the debt and sold me the 2nd customer db, servers and domain. So this is accurate without the headache.
I'm not talking about 'technically', I'm asking what you actually received. If what you received is a customer DB, custody of servers and the domain name then you did NOT acquire 'GreenValueHost Inc' ergo, my comment stands.

To that effect, if you'd like me to change the topic then let me know and I'll do it. As it stands, it's 'technically' incorrect and the suggestion here is that you took on the legal entity.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I'm not talking about 'technically', I'm asking what you actually received. If what you received is a customer DB, custody of servers and the domain name then you did NOT acquire 'GreenValueHost Inc' ergo, my comment stands.

To that effect, if you'd like me to change the topic then let me know and I'll do it. As it stands, it's 'technically' incorrect and the suggestion here is that you took on the legal entity.
Let me inject my foot and mouth.

The INC which is ahhh hrmm I thought it was an LLC, but maybe it's a true Corporation - that is back in Illinois.  That HAS NOT been sold or given away.  That's still in SPAZZ NUGGET's #WINNING2.0's hands and his sidekick Casper the Friendly Ghost, I mean Lance.

tdale

Verified Provider
@MartinD

Do what you think is right. Right now i'm worried about the clients and being offline. So the title of this post isn't exactly number 1 on my list. I know that sounds crappy but you should at least be happy I'm voicing that i care about the customers. Something these customers probably never had.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Well I am glad customers weren't dumped out in the cold hard streets.

2 reasons I don't have my pom poms out yet cheering this latest "rescue" of GVH customers.

UGVPS clients were sold after a couple of months...

Hostress v1 customers woke up to find a default web page after only a month or two of operation last fall...

Hopefully for the sake of the customers Hostress-v2 lasts longer than tdale's previous efforts.

On a positive note: unlike the acquisition press release of a few days ago this one doesn't contain the word "rehabilitation" and nobody from  today's acquiring company has told prospective customers to "go take your dildo and stick it up your ass." as happened earlier this week when Xfuse Solutions acquired the GVH domain name. 

Also, I thought Duke-Nukem was gonna get the customers?

Over the course of the past year I think just about everyone has gotten a piece of the GVH customers (HVH, Xfuse, Hostress), and the ones who haven't probably have a copy of the customer list from one of the database dumps that is floating around out there. 

Guess if we were dealing with normal companies, they'd refund customers and all that jazz.  But that doesn't happen often in hosting, so this is about as good as we all can hope for.
There are enough choices out there (i.e. real established companies with a proven track record of reliability) in the hosting world that there is absolutely no reason  to deal with businesses that don't follow normal rules / consumer protection laws. 

Title/topic indicates that not much research was done before this acquisition since he doesn't even know that the legal company name is Green Value Hosting Inc not GreenValueHost, Inc as he posted in the thread title.

Well, Technically Duke acquired the company first.
That would probably be news to the Illinois Secretary of State since no paperwork has been filed with the SOS that the company (which is a registered legal entity in Illinois) has changed hands.

Technically I'm willing to bet nobody acquired "the company" (i.e. the legal entity GVH) and all that has taken place is a bunch of asset sales and asset giveaways occurred that were negotiated with a minor.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
@MartinD

Do what you think is right. Right now i'm worried about the clients and being offline. So the title of this post isn't exactly number 1 on my list. I know that sounds crappy but you should at least be happy I'm voicing that i care about the customers. Something these customers probably never had.
It's your call and your noose.

amuck-landowner