amuck-landowner

How did you come up with your company name?

pravint

I had only Netherlands and Germany server from leaseweb. So thought Euservr.com will be good. all Europe location.

William

pr0
Verified Provider
Colo in Liechtenstein, sell in Liechtenstein -> Liechtenstein Connect Ltd. :) (now Liechtenstein Connect LLC though)

Last edited by a moderator:

MonsteR

I found finding a company name is normally the hard part, as most of the domains are taken, So its just figuring out something which is catchy and works as a company name. I think i had a few days of thinking and considering how each name would work out and ended up with raptornode.

SGC-Hosting

Verified Provider
SGC-Hosting started as a gaming community (Sublime Gaming Community) which then turned into some web projects (which I shorted to Sublime GC), which brought me to my first (and worst) business mistake - the name SGC-Hosting.  I want to change it, but I've decided to wait a little longer and spin off into specific markets instead (ie- a VPS only provider, a "budget" shared hosting provider, and so on) while continuing with the current name.

AreebMajeed

It becomes a pain finding a proper name for your business. Moreover, sometimes domain names too create massive problems. Unusual and some weird names will work awesome like Tagclive, Zelcaos, etc. Hehe, just jot the down the words which come to your brain. It works well...sometimes.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
It becomes a pain finding a proper name for your business. Moreover, sometimes domain names too create massive problems. Unusual and some weird names will work awesome like Tagclive, Zelcaos, etc. Hehe, just jot the down the words which come to your brain. It works well...sometimes.
Toastr

Boom.  Million dollar name.  Competes against Linode, Vultr, and DigitalOcean.  Toastr Cloud VMs!  

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
Girlfriend at the time told her mom that I was having a tough time coming up with a name

so she made a pun of 'Is he FRANtically trying to come up with a name?'. I heard it and said

"How about FranTech?", everyone laughed since it was silly... but still went with it :p

The only person creative enough when it comes to names is Karen when she named one of Staminus'

products way back in the day.

Francisco

Serveo

Verified Provider
Just wanted to bring our name in. As I started back in 2006 together with a business partner we operated from a different name XSXN. In 2008 we parted. This is were I decided things should be a bit more marketed to our operating field and a name the could stick. Frankly speaking, the old name was bad as it was hard to communicate. As we operate our business from service point of view, we shipped a lot a of dedicated server environment and we aim for sustainable operations we mixed in some words:

Service 

Server

Environment

This is how we ended up with the name. Serveo, a registered brand in EU :)

MeanServers

Verified Provider
I lived in New Zealand for a number of years and all the Kiwis would say everything was "mean" meaning great, or fantastic. So it just kind of came naturally when thinking of a company name =D

iann_lfcvps

Verified Provider
We were originally called LFCVPS as we were a subset of LFC Hosting, sort of. Not terribly creative but now we're under the entire LFC Hosting umbrella. LFC, by the way, stands for Loose Foot Computing. Not even sure how that one came to be, you'd have to ask the teenagers who built this place in the late 90's what they were thinking.

Xeepi

Verified Provider
We came up with our name Xeepi from word "hippie", with the vision that our products and servers could have a major effect in the industry just like hippie fashions and values.

Luckily Alan Dutta-Plummer on WHT sold the domain to us, making it possible for us to realize our dream.

amuck-landowner