Retired Staff
Improved a little.. clearly more coffee is needed though

1_wpm_score_DM.jpg
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
It's also worth noting that I was a pianist for years before even knowing what a computer/typewriter was.. I suppose that made the notion of "specific keys per fingers" a lot easier to grasp.

Erm... Asian here.  10+ years of Piano learning experience from my Asian parents' demands.  Home row method typist.  I'm known to apparently have 120-140 WPM (depends on the days).  

Come at me bro.  

1_wpm_score_DQ.jpg

In my defense...  I'm on a netbook (small/weird configuration of the keyboard) right now trying to do this...  Also this is an atom computer with windows 7 on it (for work)...  and it sometimes lags behind when I type too fast.

Ivan

Verified Provider
HalfEatenPie which part of Asia are you from?  :lol:

Edit: Okay maybe you might not be born in Asia, but of what Asian descent are you? 

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Haha I'm a born Asian who moved to the States when he was 3 years old.

I'm Korean by birth.  (South for those who want to know)

Ivan

Verified Provider
Haha I'm a born Asian who moved to the States when he was 3 years old.

I'm Korean by birth.  (South for those who want to know)
Ah, I see. :D Well.. you missed out on all the fine women they have there *cough* KPOP *cough*. Haha, jokes :p

Shados

Professional Snake Miner
jBaENH1.png

Would have done more like 120 WPM, except the way they present the text is throwing me off - I slow down or mess up every time the second line gets shunted up >.>. I'd be better off having a scrolling row of text, or just having a huge-ass page's worth of static text.

EDIT: Wait, it won't let me use the img tag?

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Some hunt and pecking, and some touch typing. I touch-typed this message.
That sounds... really... dirty.  

Would have done more like 120 WPM, except the way they present the text is throwing me off - I slow down or mess up every time the second line gets shunted up >.>. I'd be better off having a scrolling row of text, or just having a huge-ass page's worth of static text.

Honestly same here.  I usually move my eyes a few words in front of the word I'm typing and the second line moving up always throws me off.  Hell if they actually made a sentence I'd probably be typing much faster (I usually read as I type... which is a good and a bad thing I guess).  

Also you should be able to use the simple BBCode
tags, if not you can also use the WYSIWYG Editor!  

Edit: Ahh, it seems the link is a dynamic link and therefore doesn't have a .jpg or an actual image extension on it therefore preventing it from coming up as an image.  I just rehosted it with imgur and edited your post!  Hope you're fine with that! 

eva2000

wow all the folks with +100 WPM !

turns out I'm a relatively slow typer (not home-row but mix of hunt/pecker)

Code:
Result
 Words per minute (WPM)	74
Keystrokes	416
Correct words	98
Wrong words	1
Accuracy	 97.4%
time (seconds)	 67

Gallaeaho

Verified Provider
1_wpm_score_DR.jpg

Stock keyboard that I got with my last computer too. :)

perennate

Verified Provider
158 wpm

http://10fastfingers.com/speedtests/generate_screenshot_result/158_820_0_0_152_6_99.97_36_128723

Running on laptop with not so great keyboard too :p

Using programmer dvorak -- http://www.kaufmann.no/roland/dvorak/

After switching to Dvorak I mostly type the standard way (right fingers on right keys you could say), except for shift sometimes (don't use right shift much). Use thumbs for space.

Edit: got 164 wpm second try -- http://10fastfingers.com/speedtests/generate_screenshot_result/164_833_0_0_154_2_99.98_24_128705

tl;dr dvorak is better

VPN.SH

Faster than I thought I'd be. Using laptop keyboard, so probably slightly quicker at my desktop.

1_wpm_score_DR.jpg

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I call BS on @MartinD.  Unless he's like flash, with typing...  That's seriously 5.7 WORDS per second...

If that's legitimate, that's amazing.

VPN.SH

I call BS on @MartinD.  Unless he's like flash, with typing...  That's seriously 5.7 WORDS per second...

If that's legitimate, that's amazing.
For starters the test is one minute long, so surely if it's 342 WPM then the correct words should be close to that?

Also, the highest screenshot they have is this: 1_wpm_score_IV.jpg

amuck-landowner