amuck-landowner

i want to provide $1 per year vps's

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
You know what these people can use instead of paying that 1 dollar?

Get a Host1Free

128 MB, 10 GB Space, 500 GB Bandwidth.  With a price tag of $0.00.  Probably a MUCH better performance than your 32 MB VPS with 1000 clients on it (obviously Host1Free is oversold, but it won't be AS oversold as your service you charge for 1 dollar).  

Why give up?

someone need to win the race to the bottom.
You're not winning anything.  

mtwiscool

You know what these people can use instead of paying that 1 dollar?

Get a Host1Free

128 MB, 10 GB Space, 500 GB Bandwidth.  With a price tag of $0.00.  Probably a MUCH better performance than your 32 MB VPS with 1000 clients on it (obviously Host1Free is oversold, but it won't be AS oversold as your service you charge for 1 dollar).  

You're not winning anything.  
about 15 - 25% oversold

we are trying to be a budget rivel against lowendspirit

GVH-Jon

Banned
Whatever guidance counselor told you that you could do anything should be fired. Posting a thread every few weeks with (bad) business ideas does not do anything except make your next idea look worse than the last.
You guys are asses. One of these days I'm going to fund someone's stupid idea on here just for the sake of doing it and making it happen.

Virtovo

Verified Provider
You guys are asses. One of these days I'm going to fund someone's stupid idea on here just for the sake of doing it and making it happen.
Only GVH would be willing to allocate a /22 to a single server so you might as well. 

shunny

As places like india have people who want to larn about hosting things in liunx but don't have the money.

So my plan is to provide vps's with the following specs:

32MB ram

10GB hdd (2GB ddr3 cache)

1 CPU core(shared) Limited to 250Mhz

Unmeated 10Mbps ddos protected

ipv6 only with only nat for ssh port

$1 per year via bitpay ($1.49 per year paypal)

planned node specs:

32 GB Ram ddr3

Intel Xeon E3 1225v2

2 x 2 TB SATA in sw raid 1

200Mbps unmeated port

I'm planning on slabbing the node into 5 kvm vps's due to Linux limitations.

planned vps's per node: around 1,000

I am planning on only providing support for vps's that are down.

I looked into the numbers and it looks like it will work fine.

is they any issues you guys can see?

Thank You

Matthew Morgan
I stared at the screen for 10 minutes and said LOL. I thought I was getting high on my coffee. 

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Who are you? You are not the same person as normal.
This, it's not the same person.

The mis-spells are planted not natural, wording is not the same, etc..

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
First you have to fund your own stupid ideas.

You know and others here know about container limits on such pitiful hardware, as you all have tried 30 ways to Sunday to rack, pack  and overstack containers in virtualized environments.   Even on big RAM and many-cores, 1000 containers? Most sane people give up WAY before that.

Yeah,  if the OP is serious, he should befriend BlueVM/CVPS.  Recipe = Xen slabs.   Capacity, 1500 64-128MB plans on a slab.  It sort of has worked for them.

We can all smoke DENIAL, it is a hell of a drug.

mtwiscool

First you have to fund your own stupid ideas.

You know and others here know about container limits on such pitiful hardware, as you all have tried 30 ways to Sunday to rack, pack  and overstack containers in virtualized environments.   Even on big RAM and many-cores, 1000 containers? Most sane people give up WAY before that.

Yeah,  if the OP is serious, he should befriend BlueVM/CVPS.  Recipe = Xen slabs.   Capacity, 1500 64-128MB plans on a slab.  It sort of has worked for them.

We can all smoke DENIAL, it is a hell of a drug.
we are planning xen or kvm slabs

KuJoe

Verified Provider
You call me an ass and in the same breath agree with my post. Brilliant. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner