amuck-landowner

i7 12/24 Core Server? Godaddy

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Someone sent me an interesting piece from GoDaddy.  Their cPanel hosting namely.  Xeon i7 12 cores / 24 with hyperthreading.

Is this a real server?

https://www.godaddy.com/pro/cpanel-hosting

i7 cores. SSD drives. Yeah, it's fast.

Hosting isn’t all about having the best hardware, but it sure doesn’t hurt. Our servers are powered by 12 Intel® Xeon i7 core processors (hyperthreaded into 24 cores) for heavy lifting, blazing-fast DDR3 memory for low latency and 2 SSD, as well as 5 spin drives, for blistering page load times and solid-state reliability.

​

fizzyjoe908

Verified Provider
Haha what a kiddie host.

Non-existent piece of hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
 the "I" could be a typo and they might be using something like an E7-2850v2.  They do have the volume to get a very hefty discount on processors.

jarland

The ocean is digital
Unless your page is static, godaddy is horrendous.
This is pretty much true of cpanel setups in general. You can avoid static caching on your application by doing it at the web server layer but the end message is the same...running dynamic websites without any form of static caching of its content is trusting your website to a dice roll no matter what you host it on.

It was their 1MB/s IO limit that annoyed me.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
This is pretty much true of cpanel setups in general. You can avoid static caching on your application by doing it at the web server layer but the end message is the same...running dynamic websites without any form of static caching of its content is trusting your website to a dice roll no matter what you host it on.

It was their 1MB/s IO limit that annoyed me.
That 1 MB/s IO limit.

Ughhhh

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
I just called them up. Their support rep said it's "New hardware that isn't available on sites like Newegg or eBay" I almost fell out my chair laughing... Either way, yea... Maybe an E7 but not an i7.

amuck-landowner