amuck-landowner

Ideas and suggestions for vpsBoard

rds100

Verified Provider
Define broken, it seems to be working for me.
I click on "view new content" and get "Sorry, no new content found". Yet there are a lot of new topics / topics with new replies that i haven't read (i see them by the bold on the main page).

Last edited by a moderator:

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I click on "view new content" and get "Sorry, no new content found". Yet there are a lot of new topics / topics with new replies that i haven't read (i see them by the bold on the main page).
Anyone else?

rds100

Verified Provider
Nope. Here is the URL - http://vpsboard.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

I have set it to show "Content I have not read".

It never worked "instantly" for me i.e. it wouldn't show newly changed / replied topics for me. So i guess it's cached for some time or something like that. But now it seems to be not showing even topics that were changed several hours ago.

I'll try it again tomorrow morning to make sure this is tha case.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Nope. Here is the URL - http://vpsboard.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

It never worked "instantly" for me i.e. it wouldn't show newly changed / replied topics for me. So i guess it's cached for some time or something like that. But now it seems to be not showing even topics that were changed several hours ago.

Ahh... actually I think I know what the problem is. The sphinx indexer runs every 5 minutes. So if someone made a new thread at say, 1:01PM it'd not show up in the search (Which, 'View New Content' is part of) until 1:05. So every 5 minutes it re-indexes.

I'll mark everything as read and see if the issue you are reporting about it taking hours happens to me. I recently did an IPB upgrade to fix some random bugs, so we'll see if something broke.

Shados

Professional Snake Miner

I'm getting the same issue now, and it is fairly annoying.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Ah, I see what the issue is. Will have it fixed as soon as I, err, figure out how to fix it :)

EDIT: Sphinx is being wonky right now so I disabled it for the time being.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Also fixed the 'View New Content' page. I added the sidebar to it as it's a popular page and advertisers pay for impressions. Didn't seem right that this page didn't display the sidebar. Took so long because IPB mods support isn't the greatest. Pay money for mods with limited support :(

Turns out enabling the sidebar on this page was literally just the case of commenting out one line in a file. But then it threw off the formatting. Looks much better now.

jebat_ks

Dispute & Deadpool category under General Talk, for discussion on company & people behind them.

Eg: dedicated thread to discuss on ChicagoVPS or VolumeDrive etc.

Also to track status of provider so we know when they deadpooled/sold.

Limit to one thread per provider/company, so anything goes. Easier to track and no more similar thread on every board.

amuck-landowner