amuck-landowner

If a client's VPS is suspended, do you still send them an invoice for next month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillybob

Ah, so should I DDoS my providers and then blast them when they send me invoice for suspended service?
What are you even talking about? Why would they send you an invoice in the first place, when the provider knows beforehand that you're going to abuse the system? Doesn't make sense. Unless, you blame it on WCHMS's automated 'billing' system.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

perennate

Verified Provider
If they know that you're going to abuse the system, then the service will be terminated rather than suspended. This has been stated many times, your failure to comprehend it is really starting to get annoying.

Dillybob

If they know that you're going to abuse the system, then the service will be terminated rather than suspended. This has been stated many times, your failure to comprehend it is really starting to get annoying.
That calls for speculation is 100% subjective and is irrelevant because that's not even what happened to my box.  I'm pretty sure I would of been suspended either way.  You're just throwing straw man argument in the air in hopes of my arrogance to try to latch onto one of your hooks. Your failure of comprehending what is good and bad business practices is getting annoying too.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
No, he's right. You're turning into an ignorant and arrogant asshat. Its not impressing anyone.

Dillybob

No, he's right. You're turning into an ignorant and arrogant asshat. Its not impressing anyone.
So you think my first-time with CVPS I would of been terminated instead of suspended for ddosing my own box? I was suspended and here is the fact to prove it:

56f30815d38e06981a999a9b537b19b5.png

But they still insist of invoicing me. I'm not here to impress anyone, but why would they invoice me if they know I was 'DOSing' their servers? Wouldn't they want me gone? Or terminate me? That's what I don't get, and there is no reason for you to start being rude and throw insults at me, I have done nothing to you.

If anything, if this is a WCHMS issue with automated billing, it's WCHMS's fault and not the provider. But I need proof of this first before I make my video.

Dillybob

Is this where I sign up to be a warrior for VPS justice?

Someone needs to step up and expose these dirty business practices. Provider's cannot get away with this and it needs to stop.

RLT

It's automation there a many threads where people ask why???? They always blame it on automation and the maybe could be's. 

If prices weren't so barely making a profit they could have the abuse suspensions manually vetted. However that would cost more then they make.

William

pr0
Verified Provider
If a virtual machine is suspended for abuse / other terms of service violation, but hasn't yet been terminated yet, that implies that the client still has a chance to resolve the issue (and yes, this is 100% your fault since you violated the terms of service by mounting a packet flood attack against their network) with the provider since the data is intact. Since this resolution is possible, and since the provider presumably hasn't set the service to terminate after X days (which is possible in WHMCS AFAIK), why should an invoice not be generated? Maybe the invoice will remind the client to resolve the outstanding issue.
This. No need for a shitty video - You are not terminated because you can still fix the issue, thus you are also invoiced. Simple.

Dillybob

This. No need for a shitty video - You are not terminated because you can still fix the issue, thus you are also invoiced. Simple.
So it's okay for provider's to send an invoice (demand of payment) to a client that has a non-working service? That seems very wrong imo.

Example, for a phone company to issue an invoice for next month, but your phone line hasn't work for 2 weeks. Do you think that customer will be happy about that? It's disrespectful and makes no sense. Stop defending provider's that participate in bad business practices. It's disrespectful to the customer and unethical.

You still have not articulated a good argument. Your argument is 'the issue can still be fixed' (Which is a hypothetical), gives a business the right to invoice you? Lol what?

Wait, let me ask you this:

Why would a host want someone who dos'd the network back on their server? Can you explain that please? Because like you said... the problem can still be 'fixed'. LOL

Edit: Like I said before, there is really no good argument you guys can make lol.

William

pr0
Verified Provider
Edit: Like I said before, there is really no good argument you guys can make lol.
My argument is *VERY* good, again in simple terms for idiots:

1.: Service is suspended

2.: YOU CAN FIX THIS BY CONTACTING THEM, IT IS NOT TERMINATED

3.: Thus you get an invoice

Simple as that. The service is not terminated, thus you get an invoice.

Why would a host want someone who dos'd the network back on their server? Can you explain that please? Because like you said... the problem can still be 'fixed'. LOL
90%+ will give a DDoS victim a second chance - i've seen that HUNDREDS of times and gave this reasoning to HUNDREDS of customers as well.

If you contact them they will unsuspend it and done, simple as that again.

Dillybob

90%+ will give a DDoS victim a second chance - i've seen that HUNDREDS of times and gave this reasoning to HUNDREDS of customers as well.

That just proves perennate's point by saying they will usually 'terminate' you for a ddos LMAO. 

My argument is *VERY* good, again in simple terms for idiots:

1.: Service is suspended

2.: YOU CAN FIX THIS BY CONTACTING THEM, IT IS NOT TERMINATED

3.: Thus you get an invoice

Simple as that. The service is not terminated, thus you get an invoice.

If you contact them they will unsuspend it and done, simple as that again.

You're misinformed. Step 2 did not take place when they issued my invoice. The invoice was sent to me w/o them contacting me.... Thus, why?  Shouldn't the provider have an open communication line open with their client about the suspended VPS before sending an invoice over?  #2 did not happen to me, the invoice was already sent with no communication regarding if I wanted to continue their service.

Also, keep your ad-hominen attacks at the door, it just lowers any credibility you had.

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
I think it's more about your blatant lack of understanding and intelligence that you can't grasp the concept. 'LOL'

Screaming that you think it's wrong and making videos doesn't change that. 'LOL'

If you step back and look at it from and intelligent persons perspective your realise that it's entirely normal behaviour for a provider to operate this way. 'LOL'

If you don't like it, don't pay it. Don't come on here moaning and bitching about something that's entirely of your own doing AND legitimate business practice.

'LOL'

Dillybob

If you don't like it, don't pay it. Don't come on here moaning and bitching about something that's entirely of your own doing AND legitimate business practice.

TIL that sending  a customer an invoice even when they have a suspended service (doesn't work) is a legitimate business practice.

I'll be damned.. I hope you're trolling.

Edit: I'd much rather use 'LOL' than call people 'idiot's' and use ad-hominen attacks. I don't see you bashing him for name-calling, double standard much?  I never once insulted anyone, but it's obvious you're favoring other users on this forum, which is very sad.

William

pr0
Verified Provider
TIL that sending  a customer an invoice even when they have a suspended service (doesn't work) is a legitimate business practice.
It is.

That just proves perennate's point by saying they will usually 'terminate' you for a ddos LMAO.
CVPS does NOT TERMINATE YOU on your first DDoS attack. Tested by myself and others.

You can contact them and they will reactivate the server.

Dillybob

No it's not. Sending an invoice to a customer that has service that doesn't even work is unethical and disrespectful.  That's not proper business practice.

Proper business practice would be to open a line of communication with the client and reach a conclusion of his/her service with you, then send the appropriate invoice over.

Hell, I know more about the hosting industry than you, and I'm not even a provider.   

MartinD

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
TIL that sending a customer an invoice even when they have a suspended service (doesn't work) is a legitimate business practice.

I'll be damned.. I hope you're trolling.

Edit: I'd much rather use 'LOL' than call people 'idiot's' and use ad-hominen attacks. I don't see you bashing him for name-calling, double standard much? I never once insulted anyone, but it's obvious you're favoring other users on this forum, which is very sad.
You are craving attention. You are clearly trolling our users. You have contributed nothing of any value thus far. I'd even go so far as to say that other users on another forum are bang on the money regarding you and your attitude.

Clearly, unless people align with your opinion then they are wrong and, for you to be calling out bad business practices when you have zero experience of such just shows exactly how deep your ignorance runs.

Licensecart

But why would WHMCS do it in the first-place, and shouldn't the host have control and know who's being invoiced for what and when?  

I understand it might be an automatic thing that WHMCS does, but I don't want to sound disrespectful but that cannot be used as an excuse.  Just my 2 cents.

Well, I think the suspension status is fine and you're right client's would get mad if they got terminated. But I'm talking about after that point, when the next billing month comes and they still have a suspended status, why invoice them when both parties aren't even in agreement which each other or on good grounds?

Shouldn't an invoice be sent when you're on good grounds with a customer and are confident that they will pay?
A lot of people here know I hate WHMCS but I have to say WHMCS only suspends you if:

1. The invoice hasn't been paid... so you get suspended for non payment.

2. The third party software (cPanel, SolusVM) tell it that it's been suspended.

You can just click suspend on any billing system to overwrite the function and suspend / un-suspend. What do you expect the billing system to do be so advanced it can read your mind why it's being suspended or ask you every time why you are suspended?

And for some posts above Blesta does it the same was as the above as most systems :).

You are craving attention. You are clearly trolling our users. You have contributed nothing of any value thus far. I'd even go so far as to say that other users on another forum are bang on the money regarding you and your attitude.
It's like another Jon haha.

Dillybob

Clearly, unless people align with your opinion then they are wrong and, for you to be calling out bad business practices when you have zero experience of such just shows exactly how deep your ignorance runs.
Not trolling anyone, lol. You're over-thinking this whole thing.

It's not an opinion. You are not supposed to invoice someone if they don't have a service that is working, you should know that. And AnthonySmith @ LET agree's with me as well: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1127073/#Comment_1127073

I have around 7000 customers, I suspend people weekly for abuse, I do this by emailing them the suspend reason then opening a ticket i.e. the line of communication, what I do not then do is prevent any future invoices from being generated, because if the issue is sorted out and it was not malicious then the invoice is still due!

This is the problem with forums these days, just because you cannot articulate a valid argument and are wrong, you think people are just 'trolling'. It's sad.

But please, continue to act on your bad business practices. You could retain a larger customer pool if you wouldn't be so closed-minded  for once and actually care for clients before just 'invoicing them' when they have a suspended VPS. Makes zero sense.

What's even worse is, provider's become so arrogant that they don't even realize that they're doing this and think it's just the 'norm'. As evident in this thread, absolutely hilarious and sickening at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner