amuck-landowner

Ignite Servers bad business practices

ISG

Is that OVH? Will your USA North East location be able to filter those 30gbps you told me I received and that OVH probably filtered without problems before?

Will be Ashburn, VA and yes we can filter up to 30Gbps in Ashburn.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I think LET has some rules about WHOIS info... Time to contact the moderators over there and get this offer poster squashed.  Fake WHOIS info and the "company" is meh, less than 3 months old.

Yo yo yo!  Happy deceased Turkey Holiday... to you American meat eating red blooded gun totting folks (and you green Tofurkey eaters too).  Yeah I am on an extended holiday - someone has to cook for tomorrow.

I told you about the LET rules, my lord.  Someone got signature slapped for dipping his dicky in a thread about a banned host for ID falsification and perhaps fraud.  @ISG bad stuff mate. "Member without signature"

You know you are in trouble on LET when.... drumroll ... @mpkossen links a vpsBoard thread to zip your lips.

Over here for the popcorn eaters:
http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/69287/why-has-rockbelthost-been-banned

Last edited by a moderator:

ISG

So that's a very straight downgrade from ~100gbps (what OVH probably filters for you before they nullroute).

I highly doubt you would receive a 30Gbps attack if so we would try our best to keep your VM onine.

ISG

Yo yo yo!  Happy deceased Turkey Holiday... to you American meat eating red blooded gun totting folks (and you green Tofurkey eaters too).  Yeah I am on an extended holiday - someone has to cook for tomorrow.

I told you about the LET rules, my lord.  Someone got signature slapped for dipping his dicky in a thread about a banned host for ID falsification and perhaps fraud.  @ISG bad stuff mate. "Member without signature"

You know you are in trouble on LET when.... drumroll ... @mpkossen links a vpsBoard thread to zip your lips.

Not really ah the LET sig he should probably check 90% of his Providers sig I think he might have gotten a bit hurt by my response not too sure but if so I didn't mean to disrespect him by any means I simple just asked a question guess he took offense to it, in reality I don't mind not having a signature my activity droops on LET less and less daily. On another note Happy Thanksgiving.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Not really ah the LET sig he should probably check 90% of his Providers sig I think he might have gotten a bit hurt by my response not too sure but if so I didn't mean to disrespect him by any means I simple just asked a question guess he took offense to it, in reality I don't mind not having a signature my activity droops on LET less and less daily. On another node Happy Thanksgiving.

For now, update your info to your Texas office address.  This applies to your domains, to IP SWIP info, etc.

Problem you had like most was you weren't incorporated and basically no overhead so would be your home address.  No one should be listing home address for anything.

Work around that should fly still is a simple post office box for address.

mitgib

Verified Provider
Well they wouldn't fine me simple because this was already conversed within which is the reason we have the address momentarily now.

Do you have to practice to spew this much bullshit or does it just come naturally?

ISG

For now, update your info to your Texas office address.  This applies to your domains, to IP SWIP info, etc.

Problem you had like most was you weren't incorporated and basically no overhead so would be your home address.  No one should be listing home address for anything.

Work around that should fly still is a simple post office box for address.

Yea I simply just updated it to the Arlington location seems having it as the old registration location was a bad idea.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I'll confirm the igniteservers.com domain info has been updated, seeing it reflected in public:

Domain Name: IGNITESERVERS.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1956411492_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
Registrar URL: www.enom.com
Updated Date: 2015-08-30T12:05:38.00Z
Creation Date: 2015-08-30T19:05:00.00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-08-30T19:05:00.00Z
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Registrar IANA ID: 48
Reseller: NAMECHEAP.COM
Domain Status: ok https://www.icann.org/epp#ok
Registry Registrant ID: 
Registrant Name: KALON BENTON
Registrant Organization: IGNITESERVERS
Registrant Street: 3008 WEST DIVISION STREET
Registrant City: ARLINGTON
Registrant State/Province: TX
Registrant Postal Code: 76012
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.8444729258
Registrant Phone Ext: 
Registrant Fax: 
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

ISG

I am so tempted to call them Friday Morning. This is such BS.

Hey if that helps you sleep daily give them a call up, I'm sure they wouldn't mind talking. Lemme know what you come up with ill be waiting for a full workup of your waste of time and breath just to be proved wrong.

Have a good day!

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Is it just me or does this sound like the next GVH?

Every time I see a brand with shenanigans like this GVH comes to mind.  Doesn't help that Ignite literally came out of nowhere and started being pretty noisy on LET.

I'll say it once more, and not to slight anyone, but, the idea that one starts a business and targets the cheapest segment is a very bad approach.  Bad for economics, bad for personal sanity, bad for having to learn while 'customers' set everything on fire.  You can't learn as a n00b under such stress. Result almost universally is to dump all real skill work in the shop to someone abroad while playing the exploit poverty / maximizing cost of living over there game.  Talking about OWNERS who know nothing outsourcing all their tech and basically being a secretary for their own business.  If you employ some folks in Asia for support, meh, not talking about that.

I am literally nose to the grind wheel with industry stuff and current math I am seeing shows two divides.

1. I see prices have gone up in some shops.  Why? Because things cost money, IP costs are starting to float up, and competent workers have to be paid legally/semi-fairly.  Only so many years one can live in the basement, at the Uni, or freeload.  This uptick in pricing is disguised in a lot of shops to avoid folks noticing or chatting about it.  

2. I see struggling places throwing everything at the floor and hoping someone buys regardless of how bad the economics are and hoping the buyer uses no resources.

If you are in group #2, your days are numbered.  Why?  Because people buy the quality that they can afford.  This leaves you to squabble with other amateurs over the poor customers (who you shouldn't be victimizing in the first place), hacker types destined to wreck your stuff, spammers (who crap in public everywhere and make more drama and mess than you want to deal with), DDoS crowd, etc.

tr1cky

I highly doubt you would receive a 30Gbps attack if so we would try our best to keep your VM onine.

And I can also use the 20TB of traffic I have for each server? Does not look like Psychz is as cheap as OVH in terms of traffic.

River

Verified Provider
And I can also use the 20TB of traffic I have for each server? Does not look like Psychz is as cheap as OVH in terms of traffic.

setup a bot just to use traffic.

They probably frown upon you using all 20TB lol.

Profuse-Jim

Verified Provider
Psychz has good mitigation in LA too, if you're using them for Ashburn you should switch your LA to them (unless you are, but just have low capacity plan.)

Btw, your website is beautiful but you should really consider re-rendering that logo.

I can confirm Ignite has services with us in Ashburn, VA.

Profuse-Jim

Verified Provider
I'm afraid I can't disclose what package Ignite has with us.

We have Zayo coming online shortly, no ETA on that yet... they're taking their time =/

amuck-landowner