amuck-landowner

Ignite Servers bad business practices

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
while the signature reads:

High Performance VPS's (RAID10/SATA-3) Ashburn VA, - Los Angeles, CA - Enfield, LDNI Make Deals Skype Me @ IgniteServersPowerful High Performance Dedicated Servers (Pure SSD) Ashburn VA, - Dallas, TX - Los Angeles, CA

So LEBNODE, LLC = IgniteServers... interesting.

Oddly, lebnode.com was just registered November 2, 2015.. But the account on WHT was September 2015.. Meanwhile when was the first IgniteServers mention / offer? August perhaps?

Is there an LEBNODE LLC filing somewhere?

Last edited by a moderator:

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
And I thought they were exploiting Indians, but I guess it's Indians exploiting them.

I'll say it once more, and not to slight anyone, but, the idea that one starts a business and targets the cheapest segment is a very bad approach.  Bad for economics, bad for personal sanity, bad for having to learn while 'customers' set everything on fire.  You can't learn as a n00b under such stress. Result almost universally is to dump all real skill work in the shop to someone abroad while playing the exploit poverty / maximizing cost of living over there game.  Talking about OWNERS who know nothing outsourcing all their tech [...]

I am literally nose to the grind wheel with industry stuff and current math I am seeing shows two divides.

You should make a new thread on this, I'm curious about the economics of it. Competency aside, I would wager that a lot of the longer-standing outsourced Indian support groups make a better living than the majority of North American 'low end' hosts. Am I way off?

HiredSupport

After reading through this - why would anyone be with this "host" if that's what you could even call that? Take the sign and switch hosts immediately. Fake information for WHOIS is grounds to get your domain deleted really fast if someone reports that. It's clearly a govt building as stated - we need less of you in this industry, it's why the hosting business seems to have more bad names than good nowadays.

River

Verified Provider
After reading through this - why would anyone be with this "host" if that's what you could even call that? Take the sign and switch hosts immediately. Fake information for WHOIS is grounds to get your domain deleted really fast if someone reports that. It's clearly a govt building as stated - we need less of you in this industry, it's why the hosting business seems to have more bad names than good nowadays.

It makes it extremely hard for any good intentioned little companies to start up, since the bad companies give everyone a bad reputation. It seems like to be successful you need to be big and have lots of clients established, which you can't get to that point without getting clients.

People like @ISG are ruining the market for small hosts with these games, consumers don't want games.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It makes it extremely hard for any good intentioned little companies to start up, since the bad companies give everyone a bad reputation. It seems like to be successful you need to be big and have lots of clients established, which you can't get to that point without getting clients.

People like @ISG are ruining the market for small hosts with these games, consumers don't want games.

In fairness ISG lives and will probably die over in Lowend*.  They have another scorching thread over there today.

All I can say is young guys in this industry sure have some big balls.  Takes a lot of self delusion to think one can do 500 tasks and juggle all the needs of customers while your lowend customer base breaks things and sets trash cans on fire.  Unsure if this mentality of no fucks given and RAMBO mode through lack of knowledge is to be blamed on video games or what. 

Folks saying GVH-like on this one, I have to agree.  Very similar path and GVH was far from the first no-nothing company to amass customers (most of whom sucked and should have been denied service).

I beg to disagree.  They aren't helping the perception of the industry though.  But then again neither are behemoths like Colocrossing who pull much shit daily and screw customers with two drivers to the pocketbook while hiding behind the whole you pay so little or out of PayPal refund period or whatever other gimmick to man up and do the work.

Consumers aren't on these sites.  Most consumers buy the biggest name brand, who they see on the Superbowl, who they see dinging them repeat mode on TV.  Fact is consumers don't read these forums, they often don't do much research.   There are consumers here, but these are the hosting fanboys, the upper nerd set of the interest, the diehards.  This group has LITTLE brand loyalty and are fewer in audience number than one thinks.  Meaning lower total audience and quick to jump ship (low retention). Run you business around this set and one day, it bites you in the face ugly, even if you manage high volume for a while.

Want consumers, look elsewhere.

RLT

The thread on LET reminded me of GVH towards the end of Jons time at the helm right before the bans started. 

The entire here's your mmoney have a free server for a year was a scary echo of those times.

ISG

Id have to say jumping ship is nowhere in ISG future, as far as problems go we are working to resolve issues and will keep resolving them as they come. Although this issue is ongoing as we speak me and my team are working constantly to fix it and yes this is a new node we have previously configured so the 6 clients that are receiving problems on this new node will be given a free years servers and in that year we will still hold ourselves to our SLA agreement to their server.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Id have to say jumping ship is nowhere in ISG future, as far as problems go we are working to resolve issues and will keep resolving them as they come. Although this issue is ongoing as we speak me and my team are working constantly to fix it and yes this is a new node we have previously configured so the 6 clients that are receiving problems on this new node will be given a free years servers and in that year we will still hold ourselves to our SLA agreement to their server.

So problem happens, customer has issue for say a few days.  Math here, they get a few days credit. Feeling holiday generous, here is a free month. Never anything more.

The free year is just a blood soaked white flag of desperation (so many think).  Those folks 12 months out aren't renewing.   They aren't upgrading either.

I can't honestly point to a failjob where a real host was so generous and today still is in business.  6 customers aren't going to burn the wallet, but they are burning your face and public view of things.

mitgib

Verified Provider

If this is a new node and you can't fix this yourself, here is my upwork details, pay someone competent to admin your servers

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01a07c6706fbd3b2a9

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
@ISG I'm sorry but I gotta say, why 'Ignite Servers' anyway?

If you don't think it's an untenable name, just look how many unsubtle fire references it's already earned you from @drmike in this thread alone.

Reactions: RLT

AuroraZero

If this is a new node and you can't fix this yourself, here is my upwork details, pay someone competent to admin your servers

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01a07c6706fbd3b2a9

This right here is what I do not get about people. There are plenty of competent admins around here and we all are willing to work, yet for some reason companies seem ignore this fact and go about their way and screw things up. For awhile I even had in my signature I was looking for work and no bites. Granted I do not post a lot either here or other place, but sometimes that is a good thing. 

When you can not do something yourself hire some one to do it. Believe me when I tell you it will be well worth the money when it comes to reputation it saves you. In the end it is all you in this industry, and when it gets screwed up it takes a long time to rebuild it. Trust is not easily earned, but easily broken.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
This right here is what I do not get about people. There are plenty of competent admins around here and we all are willing to work, yet for some reason companies seem ignore this fact and go about their way and screw things up. For awhile I even had in my signature I was looking for work and no bites. Granted I do not post a lot either here or other place, but sometimes that is a good thing. 

When you can not do something yourself hire some one to do it. Believe me when I tell you it will be well worth the money when it comes to reputation it saves you. In the end it is all you in this industry, and when it gets screwed up it takes a long time to rebuild it. Trust is not easily earned, but easily broken.

@AuroraZero it is about priorities (and being short sighted in business). Sure paying other folks for competence, well costs... But that is what business is about.  

The baddest dudes and chicks out there in business aren't running solo shops (at least not for long and not at any real scale).  It takes a ton of different disciplines to make a go at a business.  Doing it poorly through being a cheap f*ck is a fatal mistake.

I see guys (not Ignite) who have no problem dropping random large amounts of money on person useless trash gadgets (the most expensive stuff).  But when it comes to competence and spending on humans with skills, they get so cheap.  For those folks, have fun competing for CHEAP VPS as your headline term.   Cheap indeed, like a dinner at McDonalds. Sure cheap owner + cheap ingredients + cheap experience = CHEAP VPS.  Did I mention I hate cheap?  

AuroraZero

Cheap will only get you so far, and I can understand looking for a deal as much as the next guy. When something is important though you need to have enough brains to spend some money. I am not saying you have to throw money away, but you need to find the real deal and have them handle the issue, if you do not have the skills necessary to do it yourself. 

Everything in business is just like the rest of life, you have to weigh things out. Look at things from different angles and if you can different perspectives. Make sure what you do is best for your clients and your business, before you make a move. 

If you don't you end up like so many before you, and most of us here have seen the crash and burns. The ones who usually lose the most in those are the clients that do not know better, and that is the real shame.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Pet peeve of mine is that support costs.  Shops care not about customers beyond roping them in usually.  This applies to very big businesses all the way down to the solo operators.  

Became fashionable to have no support or useless support in the age of Google and a behemoth doing exactly that.  Nice role model.

In this hosting world there is a lot of lousy support that shops justify as being better than nothing or they point to their income on the customer as justification to provide the lack of support.

Dollars saved on offshoring and cheapest bidder style support costs you reputation and future sales.   I've said this so many times.  What do those shops do?  Oh they drop the prices further and boost the plans to the sky to combat this.  Which means higher expectations out of customers and larger fails.  Snowball down the mountain.

Being frugal and negotiating things is fine.  Being inherently cheap and not sensible enough to get help when it's needed is a death sentence in business (and that relates to Ignite).

amuck-landowner