Incero Review - AVOID

Discussion in 'Hosting Talk & Reviews' started by shovenose, Jun 21, 2013.

1. drmike

drmike 100% Tier-1 Gogent

May 13, 2013
    So Corexchange house blend is stepping down some (i.e. Cogent + HE)...Growl.

nLayer is just going through some odd sales phase.  Everyone is picking them up now :).  Zayo/Above is real good too interesting addition.

Agree about the Corexchange blend being better when mostly Above.net.

Thanks to @gordonrp for sticking around here and clarifying things.  Incero continues to get mentioned all the time for consideration, or folks using them already.  Nice to see busy providers like this gracing us with the presence.

Tactical likes this.
  2. RyanD

RyanD New Member Verified Provider

May 20, 2013
    nLayer uses standard IRR objects for prefix filters, so yes they do filter announcements.

3. gordonrp

gordonrp New Member Verified Provider

Aug 10, 2013
    Considering you run some colo space, I would think you know better than to make all assuming comments? We're talking about sending traffic, not announcing spaces.

EDIT: I see in my original post i put "for" instead of "against", I've updated that now.

" In reality what I believe happened was nlayer doesn't filter any of their customer ports AGAINST permitted announcements (EDIT: OUTBOUND TRAFFIC/AKA SPOOFED TRAFFIC)."

No filters in place by Nlayer for outbound traffic (we've since added rpf to each customer vlan)

http://d.pr/i/rdmA/4IxEfyeX

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
  4. gordonrp

Aug 10, 2013
    Indeed, we've had a few battles with them behind the scenes, but ultimately things are "OK" when they used to be "GREAT" with their mix. Hence bringing in our own providers. In essence they buy at lower commits so once their "spare" bandwidth from their original operations ran out they started altering the mix with other carriers.

HalfEatenPie likes this.
  5. gordonrp

Aug 10, 2013
    Thanks. Just wanted to set straight any misconceptions, as the Internet is always full of rumors (and very few people ever get in touch to clarify things, they'll just believe what they read on forums or through the grapevine).

HalfEatenPie likes this.
  6. imperio

imperio New Member

May 15, 2013
    Gordon,

How about softlayer dallas and internap dallas upstream provider quality compares to yours ?

7. Patrick

Patrick INIZ.COM Verified Provider

May 16, 2013
    [26/10/2012 22:11:41] StormVZ Sales: Do you provide ipv6?

[26/10/2012 22:11:52] Incero: we're about to roll it out next week

[26/10/2012 22:11:56] Incero: our network is ready

Got this up from last year yet or still telling fibs to your customers?

kaniini and gordonrp like this.
  8. HalfEatenPie

HalfEatenPie The Irrational One Retired Staff

Mar 25, 2013
    HalfEatenPie
    Thanks gordonrp for all these awesome clarifications! 

I mean besides for my Catalyst affiliations aside I do use Incero's network for a ton of my personal projects.  I believe Shovenose understood his mistakes later on.  He can't really comment right now though because he's banned (he requested it).  

gordonrp likes this.
  9. gordonrp

Aug 10, 2013
    Hi Iniz,

Open a ticket and pay the $199 setup fee then you have your free/month IPV6, our network and IPV6 block has indeed been ready since our chat. I don't believe you ever got back in touch? If you want to wait for the self service free IPV6 rollout you may need to wait a little bit longer as it's just not a priority for our devs right now.

Right now we see less than 8gbit/sec of ipv6 traffic on the AMSIX:

http://d.pr/i/UcIc/4pk4IBqH

Compared to 2,000gbit/second for IPV4:

http://d.pr/i/hSHy/XgqMvMWW

So when IPV6 accounts for more than 0.4% of Internet traffic, then I'll start spending more than 0.4% of my time thinking about automating it. Until then we can manually carve your allocation, to date no-one has taken us up on the offer.

IPV6 has been ready since 8/14/2012.

Cheers,

Gordon

HostUS-Alexander likes this.
  10. yolo

yolo New Member

May 24, 2013
    Maybe you should spend more of the 96.6% of the time actually knowing your facts about ipv6 adoption and not base all you 'knowledge' on one website.

https://www.google.com/ipv6/statistics.html#tab=ipv6-adoption - 2.49% of the users accessing google.com use ipv6

http://www.akamai.com/ipv6 - Over 300,000 hits per second on an ipv6 address

http://6lab.cisco.com/stats/ - Over 6% of home users have ipv6 in Amerca

I can get you many more links if you would like!

Kris and DomainBop like this.
  11. Awmusic12635

Awmusic12635 Active Member Verified Provider

May 3, 2013
    Little late on the reply especially when they are just about to offer IPV6....

jarland, HalfEatenPie and ryanarp like this.
  12. Damian

Damian New Member Verified Provider

May 17, 2013
    Yes, please get me stats on how many end users have IPv6 only, with no possibility of IPv4 at all.

13. jarland

jarland The ocean is digital

Apr 4, 2013
    You do realize that a lot can change between August and February right...

14. DomainBop

DomainBop Dormant VPSB Pathogen

Oct 11, 2013
    Change is the only constant in life.  Thought to ponder: if something is a constant does that mean it never changes?

jarland likes this.
  15. HostingAbove

HostingAbove New Member Verified Provider

Sep 8, 2013
    Thanks @gordonrp for stepping in.. Seems there was quite the gang in this thread from earlier on. Regardless, glad to see the client was refunded and the service was resold (i'm assuming from their aggressive WHT promotions). I have not used Incero personally, but from the response times I could see from Gordon himself and his team, they are quite happy to help where they can while still being classed as an "un-managed provider". OP, may I ask who the new provider is that you have joined?

^TG

ryanarp likes this.
  16. blergh

blergh New Member Verified Provider

Apr 10, 2013
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
    Wintereise likes this.
  17. Wintereise

Wintereise New Member

May 16, 2013
    Completely useless, WHT-style replies are probably not going to fly very well here. Most members try to actively avoid them, and I believe that was half the reason the board was even created.

Just my 2c.

18. Virtovo

Virtovo New Member Verified Provider

Dec 19, 2013
    5IPndMq.png

19. Amitz

Amitz New Member

May 15, 2013
    Oh please. Not those useless WHT replies over here...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
  20. HostingAbove

HostingAbove New Member Verified Provider

Sep 8, 2013
    Oh wow, sorry folks.. I'll try to be less formal in my future replies.. Didn't realize it hurt some of my audience members. All GOOD!  :D

I just giving the feedback to the OP that it looked like Gord and his team attempted to help him out.. especially with their swift response times.

^TG