amuck-landowner

INIZ Launches New OpenVZ.IO Locations in New York City & Los Angeles

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
Getting an effective level of performance without breaking the bank is crucial for many businesses and private users. So luckily help is at hand from Iniz, who offer uncompromising amounts of RAM and bandwidth at amazingly low prices.

Purchasing VPS Hosting that's reliable but at an affordable price can be difficult. Getting an effective level of performance without breaking the bank is crucial for many businesses and private users. So luckily help is at hand from Iniz, who offer uncompromising amounts of RAM and bandwidth at amazingly low prices.

After a hugely successful launch in Amsterdam in The Netherlands, Iniz have cemented their success by expanding into two new territories: New York, NY and Los Angeles, CA in the USA.

You may view the plans and landing page for these spectacular plans that everyone is talking about by clicking here!

We admit that there are probably other platforms out there, but these really do seriously dent most clients’ budgets. Our business model therefore is quality service at low prices, and this is something we simply deliver. The VPSs are powered by the latest hardware, so whilst you might be paying a budget price you’re not being fobbed off with a low-end server performance.

Sometimes in life you really do get a little more for a little less!

Check out the high ram plans for amazing low prices at their website: http://openvz.io.

We own all hardware in NYC & LA and have direct allocation from ARIN. All locations come with IPv6 and Unmetered Incoming!

Looking Glass:
New York, NY (USA) - http://nyc-us.lg.iniz.com
Los Angeles, CA (USA) - http://la-us.lg.iniz.com
Amsterdam, NL (EU) - http://ams-nl.lg.iniz.com

Update: 

Special Offer:
http://vpsboard.com/topic/1553-iniz-euusa-new-locations-unmetered-incoming-unbeatable-blowout-deals/#entry24708

Last edited by a moderator:

Reece-DM

Verified Provider
New York, NY (USA)

You cheeky bugger :p -- I shall grab a another VPS anyhow for something.

Whats the H/W for these monsters Patrick? 

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
New York, NY (USA)

Both locations have same hardware:

Dual E5-2620

96GB RAM

8 x 3TB HGST ultrastar 7k4000

LSI 9271-8i + CacheVault

Reece-DM

Verified Provider

Both locations have same hardware:

Dual E5-2620

96GB RAM

8 x 3TB HGST ultrastar 7k4000

LSI 9271-8i + CacheVault
Lovely jubbly ;)

Slownode

Ok, I don't see how this works, or I do.

96GB box; that's 32 3GB clients, $198 per box, less with bigger containers... well that doesn't cover operational costs.

That amount of HDD storage; 10+10(no 6+6 plox) so 6TB usable I'm guessing - tells me you're seating 6000/50=120 per box...

3.75x oversell? No, I'm guessing 2.8x because that then gives $560 a month, $400 for the box(colo+hardwarefinance or ded rent), a whopping $160 profit... ehh it's too little money to bother, you're going full 3.75x aren't you.

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
Ok, I don't see how this works, or I do.

96GB box; that's 32 3GB clients, $198 per box, less with bigger containers... well that doesn't cover operational costs.

That amount of HDD storage; 10+10(no 6+6 plox) so 6TB usable I'm guessing - tells me you're seating 6000/50=120 per box...

3.75x oversell? No, I'm guessing 2.8x because that then gives $560 a month, $400 for the box(colo+hardwarefinance or ded rent), a whopping $160 profit... ehh it's too little money to bother, you're going full 3.75x aren't you.
You don't need to do the working out, we trialed it in NL and it's working as a dime and the node has 100% uptime as well. These plans are separate from our original brand for a reason also.

In NL we have 10 x 4TB, ~19TB usable. In US we have 8 x 3TB, ~11TB usable in RAID10 of course.

Hardware costs ~$5k per box in US and thats without spares we have but then again money is not an issue :) If your in it for quick short term profit then sure it doesn't work out but in the long term it does.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
LOL why does it matter as long as it performs and is stable. He tried it and it works for him!
There's much bigger limiters in OVZ than just RAM. When you're stacking CT's that high and you have clients actually pushing it?

You're going to have a lot of issues.

Francisco

Slownode

There's much bigger limiters in OVZ than just RAM. When you're stacking CT's that high and you have clients actually pushing it?

You're going to have a lot of issues.

Francisco
How far do you oversell OVZ? 1:2?

I run game servers which use huge resources so I must do 1:1, but with web stuff 3:1 seems like the comfortable limit... any higher and things can blow up.

I find HDD I/O the biggest issue hosting OVZ/KVM, you need a really nice array.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
It all depends on your customers and their use of the service.

3 to 1, seems like a normal guess at what you can get away with in most environments.

I wouldn't want any ratio even that high with active big RAM gamers.   Web stuff, well that's hit or miss.  Most of it is idle and unused except in blips.

SeriesN

Verified Provider
Call me an asshole but I am always too iffy about overselling. Guess some people can manage nodes better than I do :).

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Overselling is part magic and part luck.  Some folks have good idea about their customers and where they can push things @jarland for example.  BuyVM performs magic too.

Everyone else, varies greatly.  When in doubt, don't do it too much :)

amuck-landowner