amuck-landowner

ISPConfig 3 AutoInstaller for Latest Debian/Ubuntu

Mislav

Thank you for the script, I've tested it and it works perfectly.

However, I had problems with implementing your theme. Theme installation instructions did help, however I only get new login screen, once I login, there are no changes. Do you know what is the problem? I've followed your instructions from:

- I've even tried automatic instructions from https://github.com/dclardy64/ISPConfig-3-Debian-Installer

Code:
cd /tmp; wget --no-check-certificate -O ISPConfig3.tgz https://github.com/dclardy64/ISPConfig-3-Debian-Installer/tarball/master; tar zxvf ISPConfig3.tgz; cd *Installer*; bash theme_install.sh

Last edited by a moderator:

clarity

If you can see my theme, the installation worked correctly. You just need to set it to theme for the user. It should be under tools->interface. Select ispc-clean and you should be good to go.

Mislav

Yeah, it's working now (after changing in Tools -> Interface -> ispc-clean).

Thank you (I would suggest that you update this in Installation process/set note - probably others had same situation).

Mislav

Hi again!

Theme installation:

cd /tmp; wget --no-check-certificate -O ISPConfig3.tgz https://github.com/dclardy64/ISPConfig-3-Debian-Installer/tarball/master; tar zxvf ISPConfig3.tgz; cd *Installer*; bash theme_install.sh
will fail if you don't have "unzip" installed on the server, hence you need to install it through "apt-get install unzip" or what ever distro you're using.

Thank you for the understanding!

ricardo777

Hello,

I've tried the debian installer but the command:

bash debian_install.sh
 Cannot be found but 

bash install.sh
works.

clarity

I changed the script up a whole lot in the past few weeks. The new instructions are on the GitHub Page. I can't go back and update these here.

Vinayak

Tested this script, worked fine.

But

apt-get update

apt-get upgrade

apt-get dist-upgrade

Breaks ISPConfig.

JRJr

I guess something you have done to the script in the last few days has stopped it working.  I have tried now to install it on 5 different distros and it always fails for one reason or another.  The only thing I do is apt-get update and apt-get clean before installing, and both on Digital Ocean and Linode it fails.

I realise you aren't able to help me from this little feedback, but if I tried it again is anyone out there willing to help me?

JRJr

I tried Debian 6.0 x64 and CentOS 5.8 x64 on Digital Ocean plus Ubuntu 12.94 x64 LTS, 14.04 x64 LTS and CentOS 6.5 x64 on Linode. About the only thing I didn't try was CentOS 6.5 x64 on Digital Ocean.  

My preference would be Ubuntu 14.04 on Linode but the furthest its got is to crap out {technical term} when installing the mySQL database with an error that says it can't use "yes" as a password.

To be honest.  I have the feeling this thing is a bit of an ungainly giant.  When the OS image takes two minutes to install and the control panel takes 15 and then (technical term again} I begin to wonder why I am doing this to myself.

clarity

This installer only supports the latest Debian and Ubuntu versions. There are some issues right now with the Ubuntu portion that I am working on. If you run this on Debian 7 Wheezy, you should have no issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

JRJr

This installer only supports the latest Debian and Ubuntu versions. There are some issues right now with the Ubuntu portion that I am working on. If you run this on Debian 7 Wheezy, you should have no issues.
Great ~ thanks for the advice.  

I tried it again on DO with Wheezy and this time it installed for me.  Maybe it was something *I* was doing wrong ~ whatever ~ but now it installed.

I'd like to get it running on Ubuntu on Linode.  

Will you post in here when the Ubuntu 14.04 x64 LTS version is working to your satisfaction?

amuck-landowner