amuck-landowner

It looks I need Your help guys

vps24.net

Verified Provider
Hi

It looks that something wrong with my offer/solution/prices or something.

I`ve invested for some online adv. and got around 10k visits on my site with 0 conversion - what disappoints me :)

However it suggests that I`ve missed something, what stops people from buying services on my site.

Thats obvious that I`m not objective and maybe I do not see something obvious ?

Can You (community) take a look and suggest me what`s wrong with this offer - or what can stop potential customers from buying services here ?

http://www.vps24.net

I`m open for all critical suggestions - it`s what I`m expecting to here (read) here ! :)

Thank You in advance !!!

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
one suggestion: the order page is giving a SSL warning because 24.ico is using a http link.  Change to https.

I`ve invested for some online adv. and got around 10k visits on my site with 0 conversion
What type of advertising and what type of sites is it being shown on?

RLT

Site hurts eyes. Some spelling errors.

Is it a managed service? $9.95 for 512 then next box is $39.95 starting for 1 to 4 gig.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
There are so many elements that need work.

The website looks like a badly hacked Zomex theme.  It tells me nothing, gives me no confidence and I am only on your site long enough to write this otherwise I would have hit the back button before the page had time to load.

If you do not care enough about your visitor experience then don't expect anyone to stay and purchase.  Those that do stay long enough will get very frustrated at your lack of detail.  Especially for new visitors you need to tell them instantly "We can be trusted".  Red everywhere means "DANGER!".  It's a normal reaction for people when they see a very red site to feel immediately wary when it's offering services.

Based on what you have got there, the market you are chasing is a mature/experienced one, the lack of information means that site at best is of interest to someone who knows what you are selling and can decide without the kind of detail you should have on there.  That is not a good market for a new market entrant because they are the toughest people to convince.

Then there is the pricing, you are far from a premium provider for the reasons above.  Think it through, at $30+ for a reasonably resourced plan, can you really and realistically complete with providers like Linode, Futurehosting, Digital Ocean, Vultr and the many others out there?  Let me answer for you to make sure you get it right.  No!

TLDR:

1. Bright red warns me away from your site.

2. I have seen that template before, you don't care about your site or my experience.

3. There is not enough information about you, the plans, the options to convince me.

4. I can pay Linode less for more, why would I pick you?

Nett

Article Submitter
Verified Provider
I`ve invested for some online adv. and got around 10k visits on my site with 0 conversion - what disappoints me :)
Where did you buy your ads from? If all of the visitors come from grandma cooking websites no one will buy services from you.

vps24.net

Verified Provider
I wish to say Thank You to all of You !!!
Your advises are really valuable. I`ll work now with implementing Your advice's.

Thank You very much.

It was good idea to ask You for help.

Regards

Marek.

Leyton

Verified Provider
I have to strongly agree with @~Lee~ on this.

The main page design, mostly the poor choice of colour scheme, really makes it hard to want to stay and read your content, of which there isn't anything worthwhile. Also, seriously, flashing GIF's?

Then the next logical step is to move onto pricing. There's nothing wrong with scaling up your pricing, or even offering more "premium" priced services, but, that needs to come with a professional user experience from your website, and the copy to actually sell it.

Finally, you should probably review your advertising, look at the leads that were sent to your site (if you can get any metrics for it). How well targeted was it, did it actually hit the right type of people? Did your advertisements fall foul of the same criticisms you're receiving regarding your website?

The guys over at GrooveHQ are running a great blog on their journey to turning $100k a month in revenue. Throughout this they've been very transparently sharing their successes, faux pas, and most importantly: their metrics. It is well worth a read to see how changes and testing they've been making along the way has directly affected their conversion rates - and is excellent food for thought after something you're describing.

Their blog is at: http://www.groovehq.com/blog; and I would highly reccomend the reading of this post on their website design and copy, and how changes grew it's conversion rates: http://www.groovehq.com/blog/long-form-landing-page.

Best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
Is that the 2014 version of the BLINK tag?   ;)

Besides the site design, I think this is the question you need to answer:

4. I can pay Linode less for more, why would I pick you?
Not just Linode but many others.  What makes you different?

Also, if you're not an English speaker...

VPS24.NET is build on the experience and knowledge of the lead ingineers of the virtualization technology. Additionally we have completed the market review, to address the most important features, requested by the regullar admins and users. The key features we have focused on is: 

...get someone who speaks English to translate.  But then - why not go after the Polish market?  I didn't see a way to even see your site in Polish.

Your TOS also has numerous spelling/grammar errors.  It refers to shared hosting, which you don't offer.  

Your site doesn't even say where these VPSes are located...!?

You've been in business...less than a month?  I don't think there is this giant hungry market out there and by putting up a web site and doing a little advertising, you'll grab a share of that market.  The market is way oversaturated - you need to differentiate yourself somehow.  Just saying "99.9% uptime guarantee", "high performance", etc. are not enough because everyone says that.

Good luck.  At least you asked for advice instead of GVHing  :D

vps24.net

Verified Provider
Yea, I`m not the native English speaker - so definitely I`ll need someone to correct any language mistakes I`ve made.

I`m really surprised how honestly You guys looked on my site and shared with me Your advice`s - it`s really appreciated - I do not know how I`ll repay to You all - maybe will fund some VPS heheheh :)

Thanks again !!!

Marek

tonyg

To start off, there is no need to capitalize the "y" in "your".

The reason that you are not getting clients has nothing to do about the colors or any cosmetic issue with the website.

The problem is that you are one of thousands in the hosting business and you offer nothing special.

My advice would be to start off by visiting local businesses in you area and seek customers that way.

Keep your online presence and over time you will develop a clientele.

It is also important to know that the first months in this industry you probably will not sell anything, or at least cover your operating costs.

This is what differentiate providers, because we see new providers everyday but not all of them are able to keep in business since they were not prepared to not make profit in the first months.

Cheers,

Henrique

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
To start off, there is no need to capitalize the "y" in "your".

The reason that you are not getting clients has nothing to do about the colors or any cosmetic issue with the website.

The problem is that you are one of thousands in the hosting business and you offer nothing special.
I disagree, if someone visits the website there is a good chance they are there because they want a service, colours and cosmetics are vital and do make a difference.  Visitor engagement is the most important element in attracting new clients and that starts from the moment they come to your site.  If you get that wrong then it stays wrong.

Yes there are thousands of others out but defeatism is not part of the solution.  Neither is ignoring what can be fixed now to improve the chances of chance sign ups.

tonyg

I disagree, if someone visits the website there is a good chance they are there because they want a service, colours and cosmetics are vital and do make a difference.  Visitor engagement is the most important element in attracting new clients and that starts from the moment they come to your site.  If you get that wrong then it stays wrong.

Yes there are thousands of others out but defeatism is not part of the solution.  Neither is ignoring what can be fixed now to improve the chances of chance sign ups.
Really?

Go visit BuyVMs website and tell me what you think of it.

Leyton

Verified Provider

Really?

I think there is merit to both sides of this argument, part of the battle is getting people to actually visit your site, and if the advertising is working - having a clean website with the information prospective clients want to read about, presented in a way that is engaging, helps slower the bounce rate, and extend the amount of time they're viewing your website, which can't hurt the chances of conversion.

But, design isn't everything, and there is the ever present challenge of market saturation - and in the BuyVM example, you're buying because you trust the brand, and know their service is stellar, rather than because of the looks of their website.

That said, the big difference between BuyVM's site and VPS24's is that BuyVM actually provides some information to visitors (ex: http://buyvm.net/features.php), which simply isn't on the other site -- and that might make the difference for the visitor who doesn't know much about the brand prior to clicking through.

Just my $0.02, but, yes: design isn't everything, yes: you can have a blank site and still convert (remember http://tinyvz.com/ ?); but as a new fish in a crowded pond, it can't hurt to try to improve their copy (actually provide some information) and appearance. 

Last edited by a moderator:

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
Really?

But BuyVM is an established provider with an excellent reputation, many reviews, etc.

Even then, BuyVM's site isn't bad.  It actually has a lot of info - much more than the OP's.  And the info:sales puffery ration is about 1:100 with the OP's site and about 100:1 with  BuyVM's.

BuyVM's site is better than Hostigation's :)

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Really?

Go look at hostigation.com, same thing.  Both are successful with pretty awful sites. But what you are missing is that I don't think either became successful as a result of direct website traffic.

Their reputation was built from other avenues and on that basis who cares what the website looks like, your point is really quite moot in the overall context of this thread.

amuck-landowner