amuck-landowner

IT'S OFFICIAL - GreenValueHost is Closing and Jonny Nguyen is Leaving Hosting

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
After tonight's WebHostingTalk ban of GreenValueHost, comes this press taken from:

https://portal.gvhclientarea.com/announcements.php?id=14

Jonathan Nguyen is leaving the hosting business and any shared / reseller customers are being handed over to Xfuse.

TH1GphpM6PeIFFn.png

Last edited by a moderator:

XFS_Duke

XFuse Solutions, LLC
Verified Provider
Finally is the key word. Apparently there was a long list of people pushing for his ban. It happened. Yay. The end, for good, of Jonny Nguyen in the Web hosting industry.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
So I guess CC isn't getting paid back eh?

I mean, if he's not collecting any cash and has 'no ties to hosting anymore', then why is he going to talk to CC?

CC? I know you're reading this. Go after his parents.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So I guess CC isn't getting paid back eh?

I mean, if he's not collecting any cash and has 'no ties to hosting anymore', then why is he going to talk to CC?

CC? I know you're reading this. Go after his parents.
Parents surely needed to control their minor age child all these years.

CC can't go after the parents.  They knowingly sold to a minor and countersuit(s) would be largest fireworks show that side of Mississippi.  

Plus CC with all their big growing income needs legitimate inflated write offs.  Nothing says good like $5k owed magically multiplied to $10k+.  Heck claim you decommissioned the gear he used while at it and cause damages to corporate reputation, network, etc. that incurred man hours and write that down.  Business can be real fun like that.

Quite lucrative.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Since when is "Brand President" an actual title?  

I call shenanigans and bs and expect to see him back in the next month or so.  Especially since Duke told us earlier that no we won't see him anymore and yet we later found out this was  not true.  

I totally expect him to pull an "Adam Hillstrand" and come back under a multitude of different aliases. 

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider

I call shenanigans and bs and expect to see him back in the next month or so.  Especially since Duke told us earlier that no we won't see him anymore and yet we later found out this was  not true.  

I totally expect him to pull an "Adam Hillstrand" and come back under a multitude of different aliases.
He got nailed on WHT so it's likely why. If he comes back and people ever find out? He's going to get nailed banned again.

Francisco

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
He got nailed on WHT so it's likely why. If he comes back and people ever find out? He's going to get nailed banned again.
WHT is no joke about running around their bans with shell companies.

There are quite a few disabled accounts on WHT.  A chunk of those are for the prior offenders back to the site again to push product under an alias.  Most are quietly pruned when the guy slips up (like same home IP address).  Or shilling with the old crew on their watch list.

telephone

Next time on the Tales of GVH, Yonnj Neyugn and his new company HVG!

Tyler

Real brands (read: not GVH) do have brand representatives and people in charge. But GVH, well, we all know about Jon's title fetish.

One of these days I'll go through the entire GVH history and make a changelog of his titles

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Fashion companies love appointing brand presidents https://www.linkedin.com/title/brand-president

Questions and/or media relations may be directed to...
Comedy Channel interest in licensing the Adventures of Jonny story would be believable but the thought of any "media relations" interest in these clown outfits (plural) asset transfers is f***ing laughable.

True.  But WHT isn't the entire web hosting industry.  
AWS, OVH, DigitalOcean are just a few of the companies that owe their entire existence to buying a WHT corporate membership and diligently posting offers on WHT every 3 days.  Without their  WHT offers they'd just shrivel up and die.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Not to dish out insults without justification, but WHT is a shadow of it former self.  Lots of folks who pay and run offers there can support the notion that sales driven from WHT these day are few and often involve undesirable customers.

Even with that grim math formula it tends to be major pillar in hosting company 101 marketing plan, which is about 90% emulation and yelling to an empty room in social.

I haven't got my head around the soft spots in that market on WHT yet.  But if you sell cheapo stuff, it's very bad on buyers shopping there.  You'll get sales (GVH proved that) but you will probably end up needing mental health help from dealing with said customers.

There must be some viable markets on WHT, maybe the enterprise heavy stuff with big fat dedis and cololocation at premium.  Small dedis on WHT are price war mode into non sales at this point.  VPS is in tatters and probably $4GB on average or less.  Shared hosting they let unlimited happen and that came with more unlimited and prices that are less for a whole year than a Subway sandwich.

All I can say is I hope WHT continues to cut / ban / purge the noise in offers / audits things / gets the ban hammer polished up / starts smashing stuff.  

I'm about to bring the wrath of God down upon thee. It's going to be biblical.
Someone should summon the Hostnun for a blessing.

Dillybob

WHT has zero respect for new visitors and I explain it all in my video. Rendering it will take a while it's 18 minutes long.

I went through each Corporate Membership benefit and absolutely destroyed how each one is literally worthless, they are in for a treat.

Nonethless, I went and showed how they are being manipulators in trying to control the hosting industry with their false promise corporate tags and mislead viewers, it's so sickening.

amuck-landowner