amuck-landowner

iwStack, a Prometeus project - who is using them and network throughout

maounique

Yes, as I said, we have the 100 mbps version over the filtered IPs, that should be enough of filtered traffic under DDoS. I am guessing that speed tests, due to very high speed (since cachefly is in same DC) are triggering the DDoS protection so for a while everything is kept under 100 mbps.

I will have to ask uncle to chec logs see if that is the case (protection triggering too fast/easy) and see what can be done, we are still tweaking it.

Last edited by a moderator:

peterw

I always buy additional filtered ip. Other filtered hosters like Liquidsolutions and Buyvm do have bad download speads on filtered ips too.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Thread has been cleaned up to remove the drama as it's being handled privately.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Thanks to all.

Guess I'll try to get a container allocated fresh and steer clear of filtering.   Filtered IP is the default selection currently on installs.  That's typically what I recommend - default stuff until familiar with quirks of provider.

maounique

Update (sorry, cannot edit as you know):

We will be adding another range when it will be possible and needed so DDoS protected services will not be the default because this cna create problems later on in march when those will be charged.

The income (download) stream is over seflow, outgoing (upload) is from prometeus, so, the total incoming over filtered pipe is 200 mbps. It looks like too many people took the DDoS protected IPs and direct a lot of traffic over them. I am sorry for this situation, if you have this issue, please change the network offering by making a template and redeploying it.

The IP will change (please leave on DHCP all the time, never hardcode the IP in templates) and remove any mention of a MAC address. If you are using our templates, that is not necessary in most of them, if you installed from ISO it is most likely needed as you will get another MAC address.

amuck-landowner