amuck-landowner

Joepie91 got a FBI/HTCU raid...

Amfy

Cross Post from LET... but I think this needs as much as attention as possible. (Right topic?)

Article is in dutch: http://www.nu.nl/tech/3525423/nationale-recherche-doorzoekt-woning-lulzsec-lid.html

English Translation by DennisdeWit:

NCIS has executed a search on a 21-year old man, living in Dordrecht, by request of The United States. The person might be involved with the hackersgroup LulzSec.

That is the story that S. is telling in a chatroom. According to S, police seized two desktop-computers, a laptop, multiple hard disks, usb-sticks, a hidden camera, 30 CD's and DVD's, five floppydrives, six microSD's and something what has been covered in some newspaper sheets.

United States "No one ever explained why NCIS performed a search", S. says in the chatroom. "They refused to give me more info about this case. I did not hear any more than the United States 'has requested a search'. Vaguely police hinted the case might be partly about Anonymous.

The search was executed by Team High Tech Crime (THTC), part of NCIS. According to S, a cop from the United States was involved. Because the cop did not legitimate himself, or never told who he was, it is unclear to which instance the cop belongs to. Though, it is known that the cop was stationed in The Netherlands to solve requests more quickly.

LulzSec S, is known as someone who has a gift on technical systems, and has a big knowledge on cryptography. He is a visitor of hackers collective LulzSec.

A spokesman of Landelijk Parket Openbaar Ministerie (something like Justice -red.) confirmed to NUtech, there has been performed a search. Due to research, spokesman did not want to give a concrete reason why the search has performed. Moreover, he did confirm police seized some digital information.

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I just hate the long tangled arms of US "Justice".

Someone needs to produce the info needed to secure such a seizure warrant.

I don't condone criminal activity by citizens nor governments.

US "cop" being present = very bad sign.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
What did he do?

Unfortunately stuff like this just feeds egos more than it prevents stuff from happening again.

blergh

Verified Provider
Wasn't this somewhat expected tho? I remember the last shitstorm and the whole anonops-thing, good times.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
He's a member here, so perhaps he'll be able to touch base on this and let us know a bit more. Curious to know how it all went down.

vld

Verified Provider
joepie91 asked me to post this:

According to the judge involved, I am currently considered a witness, and not a suspect. They seem to be looking primarily for data of some sort, and there's been a hint that it's related to Anonymous. I strongly doubt that it's LulzSec-related, however, and the nu.nl article had a few mistakes in it with regards to that.

blergh

Verified Provider
What kind of data? Fairly sure that the amount of data that i kept is already in their hands, but that's years old.

Lee

Retired Staff
Verified Provider
Retired Staff
Oh dear, he will need to get the begging bowl out again and ask the people that are willing to go out and work to earn money to support getting his "lifestyle" back on track.

jcaleb

If hacker get caught, it makes me think they are not good hackers at all. My impression of hacking is doing bad things and never get caught

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
A good hacker is one you NEVER hear about.  An amateur/(s)kid are the ones that hang around with attention-seekers like Lulzsec and try to ride on their coattails.

Had been wondering for awhile when this would finally happen.  Not surprised in the slightest.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
Typically, with cases like these, it's not about finding data, it's about sending a message.  They know that activist groups (and groups pretending, perhaps aspiring depending on who you ask, to be activist groups) encrypt everything.

No, the point here is to show everyone else that was involved with that group of people that they could be next if they don't sit down and shut up.

It's just that they can't get a judge to go along with harassment, so they go on a fishing expedition instead.  Let me assure you though, they're not really expecting to find anything.  And if they do, well, that's just icing on the cake for them.

amuck-landowner