amuck-landowner

Just received this on Skype from Nick @ RamNode

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
You realize that Linode got hacked a few years ago and everyones credit card details, passwords and emails were released?

They got hit in the hyperVM hack.  Please realize this before using Linode as if they are the only secure provider.
Uhh, Linode has never ever run HyperVM.  But, they did recently get hacked and then lied about the nature and severity of the hack, having to backtrack.

By the way, the same guy owning Nick_A is probably the same guy who owned Linode back in April.  At least, this is what he has alluded to in IRC.

JDiggity

Your right sorry VAserve was the one who got hacked with hypervm.  Again another really large vps provider.  And linode just a few weeks ago.

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
At least, this is what he has alluded to in IRC.
You are aware that these kids in IRC are either 1) fed plants/informants (1 confirmed), 2) scriptware kiddies, or 3) trolls; with 2 and 3 simply taking advantage of the situation to claim credit for someone else's work?   Even on the REMOTE chance that one of them did the actual damage, it was thanks to Clarke already uploading the rootkit for them.  And I'd sooner believe that I nailed RamNode in my sleep than I'd believe anyone in #vpsb was the guy from localhost.re.

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
You are aware that these kids in IRC are either 1) fed plants/informants (1 confirmed), 2) scriptware kiddies, or 3) trolls; with 2 and 3 simply taking advantage of the situation to claim credit for someone else's work?   Even on the REMOTE chance that one of them did the actual damage, it was thanks to Clarke already uploading the rootkit for them.  And I'd sooner believe that I nailed RamNode in my sleep than I'd believe anyone in #vpsb was the guy from localhost.re.
Good point.  My point however, was that Clarke probably did get joejobbed partially on that one, and on the Skype hack.

amuck-landowner