amuck-landowner

LET Hacked Again

bfj

So apparently LET was hacked again today. Looks like they restored the backup...but did not fix the holes. Pitty. 

EDIT:

They probably should have changed all Administrator passwords I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeriesN

Verified Provider
And it is down. Terrible. I know they have group of talented programmers who could patch this up but I guess they are also stuck with too much drama.

Aesthemic

...I probably shouldn't be surprised by this but I am. Either another security hole was used to commit the hack or they never actually fixed the previous issue.

D. Strout

Resident IPv6 Proponent
I'm betting it was never fixed. If this doesn't show the remaining people there how unreliable the site is and how uncaring the owners are, nothing will.

Last edited by a moderator:

bfj

...I probably shouldn't be surprised by this but I am. Either another security hole was used to commit the hack or they never actually fixed the previous issue.
Well if someone got a dump of the DB, and had the password hashes it would be pretty easy to get the password from them, given that vanilla is OS and they could of gotten the salts (probably from the db) if the passwords were salted. 

So yea, either same hole or someone just used a real password. 

raindog308

vpsBoard Premium Member
I wonder how much CC paid to buy this headache.

Wasn't the original sale (LEA->Chief) something like $5000 or $10000?  I remember it being an amazing figure for a relatively low-volume board.

amuck-landowner