amuck-landowner

LET, is it worth going back?

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Sorry to say, but lots of folks are going to be suffering from account issues over there on LET.  Far from over.

Yeah, my account credentials on LET doesn't work anymore but I'm in no hurry to get it back again. 

Wrong.   That's some crazy spin I haven't figured out who is doing.  Probably the petrol cartel.

Oil has their own cartel?  AWESOME.  How do I join such an illegal establishment?  Do we get our own guns?  Is there any car chases?  

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Oil has their own cartel?  AWESOME.  How do I join such an illegal establishment?  Do we get our own guns?  Is there any car chases?  
You have to be part of the "family".  Guns, sure, the US sells them and whatever else you want... Jets maybe... Tanks....  OPEC has been a cartel since day one...  Business at the top is racket.

Back on topic :)

Seeing the people posting on LET now.  Uggh.   I see why CC was so interested in LET.  It is an online daycare center.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Seeing a lot of brown nosing and CC worship going on over there too.

Daycare better stock up on the wet wipes.

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
I think I'll still visit and read some but as far posting..... Not sure.

Dillybob

So LET is back, but is it worth going back to it? I don't really follow/care about the colocrossing stuff I haven't been around long enough to know/care.

The only thing that draws me back to it is the amount of providers that do post on it & the community, although I stick with one provider for all my VPS needs (UrPad)...
Nope, CANNOT  stand the topic layout, it's like a shitfest and everything is the same color and all scrunched together, it's terrible.

GVH-Jon

Banned
I was never really active on LET.. the look and feel of Vanilla forums just.. displeases me.

Last edited by a moderator:

vRozenSch00n

IMHO it is not about moving back to LET worth or not, it is more about whether you are comfortable or not being in a certain community.

Everybody has their own reason to be in a community just like what @athk said in the first post. @Aldryic C'bo

KMyers

I personally have no intentions of going back. CC has lied on several occasions as to their part in the ownership and has denied that ChicagoVPS has any part in the operations. I can handle downtime, I cannot handle being lied to. 

Jamson

I'm personally finding vpsBoard much more pleasant, and i have no intention on going back to LET.

I never participated in the community (didn't have much to say, really...), but the discussions and drama were getting really old.

Naruto

This is their plan. Do not let it work.

Slurm Queen: "You'll be submerged in Royal Slurm, which in a matter of minutes will transform you into a Slurm Queen like myself!"
Glurmo Half: "But your Highness, she's a commoner. Her Slurm will taste foul."
Slurm Queen: "Yes. Which is why we'll market it as New Slurm. Then, when everyone hates it, we'll bring back Slurm Classic and make billions!"

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I will read their offer section.
Offers lately aren't very interesting over there.  Actually, offers typically weren't great.  Once you break that 2GB+ BS novelty buying stuff, there are annuals, some storage plans and an occasional service you should know about but they can't technically post in offers type thing.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I never did understand why things had to be $7/mo or less. Was this part of the original LET?

mikho

Not to be taken seriously, ever!
I never did understand why things had to be $7/mo or less. Was this part of the original LET?
If I remember correct that limit was set by LEA along time ago for the offers posted on LEB. The only limit that was raised was the dedicated limit.

concerto49

Verified Provider
A forum is a forum. If the content is good people will be there. If there are issues and moderation problems, people will leave. Now that LET shows the number of users online at the current moment, I can't see that many users online so...

amuck-landowner