amuck-landowner

Liam Leaves the Low End. Bye Liam.

spry

Honestly, when Liam climbed on-board, I really thought LEB was going to head down south with someone as young and with less experience.

But, over the months, he proved me wrong. I was impressed with his posts on LEB and the way he carried himself.

I think he did a remarkable job, ever since Scotty left.

Dude you need to chill. I'm cheering him leaving because he deserves better for his time.
Exactly.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
So Liam is gone...

Hzuma is gone too right?  I swore I read it but brain is deep fried after past week.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yep.  From what I understand none of the previous year's staff members stayed.  
Well that makes good sense then... The blow ups on Lowendtalk are due to the new "moderators" and their running rough shot.

The prior admins/moderators seemed to balance CC's wishes with what would cause bad mojo in the community.

This should be fun.   Have to run out to the big box store to buy a case of popcorn for the upcoming week.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Well that makes good sense then... The blow ups on Lowendtalk are due to the new "moderators" and their running rough shot.

The prior admins/moderators seemed to balance CC's wishes with what would cause bad mojo in the community.

This should be fun.   Have to run out to the big box store to buy a case of popcorn for the upcoming week.
I haven't been following it a ton but Liam, Humza, and vedran aren't staff anymore and those are the three people I recall being on staff for the longest time (when it was supposedly owned by Chief).  

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I only visit LET when someone says something idiotic is going on or it loosely involves me somehow.    

I only visit for that fun.   No account, no interest in one... so half  the damn site isn't visible.

Hoping to see Liam, Humza, verdan and the rest of the true none CC folks again in the future... Maybe on here ;)

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
The news mods are ruthless, Spirit pulled all most of my posts from this thread (the ones where I quoted his PMs calling me extremist for not being considerate of a Neo-Nazi's TOTALLY VALID hatepolitical speech)

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/347158#Comment_347158

Apparantly being anti-Nazi makes me intolerant/ the Real Nazi

Won't someone think of the poor downtrodden Neo-Nazis? LETs new mods will defend them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
The news mods are ruthless, Spirit pulled all most of my posts from this thread (the ones where I quoted his PMs calling me extremist for not being considerate of a Neo-Nazi's TOTALLY VALID hatepolitical speech)

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/347158#Comment_347158

Apparantly being anti-Nazi makes me intolerant/ the Real Nazi

Won't someone think of the poor downtrodden Neo-Nazis? LETs new mods will defend them.
He also pulled the post where you quoted a post Liam made this summer (this post by Liam, last one in the thread http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/319167/#Comment_319167 ).

FYI, the neo-Nazi poster who Spirit was so vigorously defending in that thread belongs to a group called SRM which has a history of violence and which the Swedish government's Säkerhetspolisen (Intelligence service) has called one of the biggest  domestic extremist threats.

+1 to Spirit for sticking up for racist neo-Nazis and for forgetting that LET's membership is truly global and includes members from virtually every nation, race, and religion.  Nice way to show respect to LET's members Spirit!

notFound

Don't take me seriously!
Verified Provider
I only visit LET when someone says something idiotic is going on or it loosely involves me somehow.    

I only visit for that fun.   No account, no interest in one... so half  the damn site isn't visible.

Hoping to see Liam, Humza, verdan and the rest of the true none CC folks again in the future... Maybe on here ;)
I have always been lurking here and posting every now and again as you know. Just changed my username, still the same person. ;p

I simply don't have much time, if I am to prioritize my projects, job, and studies and family. :)

serverian

Verified Provider
He also pulled the post where you quoted a post Liam made this summer (this post by Liam, last one in the thread http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/319167/#Comment_319167 ).

FYI, the neo-Nazi poster who Spirit was so vigorously defending in that thread belongs to a group called SRM which has a history of violence and which the Swedish government's Säkerhetspolisen (Intelligence service) has called one of the biggest  domestic extremist threats.

+1 to Spirit for sticking up for racist neo-Nazis and for forgetting that LET's membership is truly global and includes members from virtually every nation, race, and religion.  Nice way to show respect to LET's members Spirit!
Spirit wasn't defending him. That guy came to IRC and spitted out all his beliefs. I was trying to explain things and Spirit told me not to waste my time, those people won't ever change. So, it's just a communication error most likely. Spirit is not a bad guy.

I can get the IRC log online if anyone is interested in his beliefs...

Spr

My first post here just to tell you @DomainBop - shame on you. I never expected from you to twist the truth or even lie at my expense but you did exactly this. Spirit was so vigorously defending him saying those words:

Debating political views doesn't bring anything good at LET usually. Lets stick with initial VPS request please.
And this.

I see how this is going to end up. Enough about political views. If there's a host able to host potentially controversial site suggestions are allowed but please don't go into explanation of personal politic views - otherwise it's only a matter of time when people will start to swear and request bans for each other. Just... don't.

Yes I removed some posts from both guys in dispute. Including insultive remarks from texteditor (there's not a reason to call other people asshole, etc..) and some political propaganda from this guy at other side who I supposedly defended and who joined to IRC with complain why I removed his posts.

I know that there's a lot of hatred toward LEB/LET/CC and I know why but please DomanBop don't do this at my expense. And not with lies. Because you know... once you start with those low kicks your word won't be a worth of a dime even when you will have something decent to say.

Edit. And yes, I failed in this thread. But not because of things I am accused but because as moderator I hoped that I can prevent things to become nasty. I should know better.

/out

texteditor

Premium Buffalo-based Hosting
Yes I removed some posts from both guys in dispute. Including insultive remarks from texteditor (there's not a reason to call other people asshole, etc..)
Whoa there, talk about twisting words. If I recall the exchange went like this

Me: So why don't you just host with the company that Stormfront(White Supremacy forum he linked earlier) does?

Him: Too expensive

Me: Well that the price you pay for being an asshole
That's not me being needlessly mean, that's just me leveling with the guy. If you are the guy who works hard to draw in negative attention from others, you are going to have to pay an Asshole Tax for all the extra trouble it takes to deal with you (warding off DDoS/hacks/accepting negative publicity for being the webhost who agreed to host your hate site)

jarland

The ocean is digital
I don't agree with texteditor on much, but if you come here and ask who the best host is to host a website about making car bombs as a means of causing instability and death, yeah I'm not going to answer your question and I'm going to insult you. Don't want your website as part of the topic? Don't include it. Speak in general terms. Over moderation is what that was. That may not have been the topic, but to many it's equally as offensive and dangerous.

As for how my post is on topic? This is LET post Liam. Good riddance to the website, best wishes for Liam.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Definitely moderation heavy handedness there.   I read the thread, but I may have missed something or something pulled.

I am with Jarland, in this industry and especially on a site like LET, best to be very vague about things and NOT mention your actual project.  Why?  Cause inevitably the idiots over there will see another target for DDoS and similar.  Beyond that, bound to call you names and label you with a scarlet letter for eternity.

Makes you wonder how many people figured this sort of stuff out previously on LET and burnt through a dozen usernames. :)

Whoever mentioned CC for hosting that, sure.   B2 Net and there many VPS brands seem suitable too ;)

mud

The thread was non-public viewable.... Requires you be logged into LET.

LET ownership continues to hide all sorts of "conflict" or "issue" posts in this way.
Actually "Offtopic" category was hidden from public (not logged in) view for a long time, and if I remember correctly it was hidden even in LEA time. I don't know if Liam decided to post it there or someone moved it, you'd have to ask Liam.

About this thread ... Liam has been holding LEB/T on his shoulders for a long time, he continued doing it when everyone deserted him and I strongly believe his only motivation was to keep the LE* spirit and nothing else. It's sad to see him leave.

@Spr, you just can't make everyone happy.

amuck-landowner