amuck-landowner

List of VPS/Dedi providers using Colo Crossing

ocitysolutions

Verified Provider
HostLegend was bought by CC for $1000. CC then gives the owner several thousands of dollars in credit so they will use CC if/when they start another company.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
SupremeBytes, LLC doesn't use CC either, they are straight Quadranet
Doh! Good catch @Kadar.

SupremeBytes has IPs over at CC... They are used by ipxCore... There's the tie/mix up.

Apologies to Damien :)

Last edited by a moderator:

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Add:

Hostlegend.com....

Voice servers and game hosting and VPS with SSD... :) Their site hosted out of Softlayer.

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Add: Hostlegend.com.... Voice servers and game hosting and VPS with SSD... :) Their site hosted out of Softlayer.
What is it with CC related companies and leaking customers personal info all over the Internet?  From the Reddit HostLegend thread:

We've been having some issues with this host on the Minecraft Forum recently; they've been behaving poorly (leaking customers personal information) and this just confirms everything we feared is true, they're a dismally ran company that has no ability to operate as a company should, so with this in mind we have terminated their minecraftforum.net forum topic so that our users are no longer exposed to them. Hopefully that will go some of the way towards reducing their opportunities to cause inconvenience to other people

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
Why do you guys think its ok to put some good hosts there bad publicity even when they're providing good service?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
The OP asked about a list of hosts offering out of CC. It could be used for good or not good.

I can't see any harm coming from it other than say awareness of which companies to avoid - for some.

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
The OP asked about a list of hosts offering out of CC. It could be used for good or not good.

I can't see any harm coming from it other than say awareness of which companies to avoid - for some.
The replies suggest otherwise that hosts using CC is a bad choice and therefore don't pick the hosts listed.

Has it come to the point people can no longer read the location, test ip geo or network info listed on all offers that they need to look at this post? If you, the OP or anyone else has issues with the upstream provider simply don't use them, no need to black out people's businesses.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I am on the see-saw about what is best to do. Consumer awareness should be HIGH. People should know what they are buying, where it really is, who the folks holding their data/services are.

Obviously, enough hosting companies have learned the hard way that the bargains at CC, especially in Buffalo aren't exactly what they seem to be.

One major point I take with Buffalo is Biloh's heavy handed lies in the non-stop sales process. If you were ever a customer of CC's you know how JB randomly makes contact, minimum small chat then right to trying to sell you more servers.

Ever noticed how heavy he pushes Buffalo? Ever made the 'mistake' of saying no interest in Buffalo? Well I know some who have and here's my core issue.

JB will claim, oh well over 90% of users/customers won't care that it's Buffalo. I've seen him say as high as 98%. Regardless, his matter of fact claims are that 9 out of 10 customers don't care that it is Buffalo.

I know for a fact that this is FALSE. Using such statement in conjunction with him stating how big and successful CC is gives this matter-of-fact testimonial / evidence of some seeming proof. Well it isn't. It's false. It's false advertising.

While company vpsxyz might get a great price on a dedicated rental, they inevitably will run into a very long, slow and low margin audience, if they can even find one interested in services in Buffalo. Cause afterall there 10 companies or better offering 2-4GB @ < $7.01 a month.

vpsxyz then ends up with a severely limited business with slim margins and too often resorting to shady business practices just to cover overhead.

Patrick

INIZ.COM
Verified Provider
I am on the see-saw about what is best to do. Consumer awareness should be HIGH. People should know what they are buying, where it really is, who the folks holding their data/services are.
Ok so what about a list of hosts utilising Ecatel, Ubiquity who are doing much more crap and harm aswell?

Obviously, enough hosting companies have learned the hard way that the bargains at CC, especially in Buffalo aren't exactly what they seem to be.
What's that then? I don't hear much about service of ColoCrossing being awful but more that someone didn't want to pay rest of there contract of to move early which suggests business with CC was fine with reliable service and so was clients data in good hands until contract was terminated.

One major point I take with Buffalo is Biloh's heavy handed lies in the non-stop sales process. If you were ever a customer of CC's you know how JB randomly makes contact, minimum small chat then right to trying to sell you more servers.

Ever noticed how heavy he pushes Buffalo? Ever made the 'mistake' of saying no interest in Buffalo? Well I know some who have and here's my core issue.
Nope, I've encountered several social chats even with no services just fine with no mention of me wanting to buy something.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Hey now Mr. Iniz :)

We can start specialized threads for other providers/networks. No resistance to that.

Why would someone move early from Buffalo??? I mean if all is great and the prices are basically zero margin? Let's use you as an example... Why aren't you hosting with CC?

darknessends

@INIZ : What do you think about people posting here in this thread who are waiting their offers to lined up from > 90 days and some of the people are actually being posted every week..... Also do you not see that LEB/LET was a community effort, community which common users and providers developed into a group, a force, now someone who owns the domain sells it to wrong hands and they are using their marketing power to focus on their profits serving the community back with nothing and ruining it completely. They are trying themselves to blackout all other hosts that do not use CC and are thus isolating them. LET/LEB has now become their personal fun toy - Also to add numerous of unprofessional incidents where MODs at LEB/LET have behaved rudely and unprofessionally with people.

Why it is that almost every host that uses CC produces incredible offers and oversells 10x times ? Why all of them behave like kings on LET/LEB ? Why there is a CC vs NON CC treatment in the first place. They are very well hurting other honest hosts too that actually are trying to sustain in a better business model with nice offerings.....but CC would not let them survive.

We can also start thread with other DataCenters that do the same tactics are not matching the quality.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Add more:

365Networks

Askforhost

Dewlance

EthernetServers

HardCloud

Hypernia

HostusPocus

KarasHost

NetOctave

PeakServers ---> This one is interesting... This guy was a head person of a NO CC here company :)

ShockHosting

SimplyDigitalHosting

ThomasHost

Turf Hosting

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Add:

BoxIntense

Host4Geeks

MPServ

myWeb.uk.com

Visperad

Webdevfish

Weltservers

Wooservers

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Add:

Badgerservers

Hostient

KomodoSites

NetworkPanda

Newestsys ---> website defaced and WHT banned.

NoHelpHost

R2hosting

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Can't forget the house brand:

velocity-servers.net

add:

NRT Game Servers

Sinisteric Hosting

amuck-landowner