dfghosting

HostDaemon

Jestservers

ServerBolt

Surfsafevpn

Last edited by a moderator:

Virtovo

Verified Provider
@INIZ : What do you think about people posting here in this thread who are waiting their offers to lined up from > 90 days and some of the people are actually being posted every week..... Also do you not see that LEB/LET was a community effort, community which common users and providers developed into a group, a force, now someone who owns the domain sells it to wrong hands and they are using their marketing power to focus on their profits serving the community back with nothing and ruining it completely. They are trying themselves to blackout all other hosts that do not use CC and are thus isolating them. LET/LEB has now become their personal fun toy - Also to add numerous of unprofessional incidents where MODs at LEB/LET have behaved rudely and unprofessionally with people.

Why it is that almost every host that uses CC produces incredible offers and oversells 10x times ? Why all of them behave like kings on LET/LEB ? Why there is a CC vs NON CC treatment in the first place. They are very well hurting other honest hosts too that actually are trying to sustain in a better business model with nice offerings.....but CC would not let them survive.

We can also start thread with other DataCenters that do the same tactics are not matching the quality.
Although there's certainly some funny goings on with companies originating out of Buffalo, please do not let your recent banning from LET let you spew crap.  You're starting to hurt legitimate hosts who chose Colocrossing as their provider.  Lets keep any comments about overselling and shady dealings to specific providers are doing this.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Better yet, why not a community based project where we simply index information about all hosts. CC hosts, non-CC hosts, etc.

That way you can sort the list by many different criteria... things like locations, virtualization, price points, and of course... datacenter?

Could be a great tool for those wishing to narrow down results when looking for a provider, and doesn't seem nearly as biased/negative as purely pointing out all the providers who use Colocrossing :)

Virtovo

Verified Provider
Better yet, why not a community based project where we simply index information about all hosts. CC hosts, non-CC hosts, etc.

That way you can sort the list by many different criteria... things like locations, virtualization, price points, and of course... datacenter?

Could be a great tool for those wishing to narrow down results when looking for a provider, and doesn't seem nearly as biased/negative as purely pointing out all the providers who use Colocrossing :)
I've heard of a platform that might be able to do that *cough* DSD *cough*

joepie91

While you are at it, why don't you hire a serial killer, too?
Making a list of providers using a datacenter, is now approximating the evilness of hiring a serial killer?

It's interesting to see how worked up people get over a simple list of publicly available information with no slanderous claims made.

EDIT: Also, if you consider being in this list to be "bad publicity"... then perhaps you should consider whether you should be hosting at ColoCrossing in the first place. If hosting there looks bad on your reputation, then perhaps that's where the issue lies?

nunim

VPS Junkie
It's not done as much over here, but I'm sure it's been done. To be honest, when I approve new offers, I just do a quick glance at them and don't fact check them as thoroughly as perhaps I should...
Cough... Like this one?  

We don't have many rules here, the ones we do have should be followed.

..  By the time we left there our own sales had slowed down heavily in Buffalo. Once we moved to choopa? ~Sold out. In fact i'm finally building some more nodes to shoot off to Choopa next week. ...
Did you guys get Native IPv6 sorted in Choopa?

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Cough... Like this one?  

We don't have many rules here, the ones we do have should be followed.
Ah, good catch. To be fair I asked what DC locations he used and he never responded.

nunim

VPS Junkie
Ah, good catch. To be fair I asked what DC locations he used and he never responded.
I flagged that post as soon as I saw it, a non-response within a very short time should = a pulled offer.  Even if everyone knows who uses who as their DC, if its in the rules for posting an offer it should be required, no exceptions. 

I'm sure there's many others if I go comb through them.

Here's one: 

Another: 

I'd go even further and require a real test IP from a server, not that DC's test IP as the routing/network can be radically different but that's a different issue. 

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
I flagged that post as soon as I saw it, a non-response within a very short time should = a pulled offer.  Even if everyone knows who uses who as their DC, if its in the rules for posting an offer it should be required, no exceptions. 

I'm sure there's many others if I go comb through them.

Here's one: 

Another: 

I'd go even further and require a real test IP from a server, not that DC's test IP as the routing/network can be radically different but that's a different issue. 
Thanks. I'll keep a closer eye on all new offers again now. I guess I suspected most followed the posting the rules, especially after enforcing them heavily in the beginning.

Virtovo

Verified Provider
Need to clean the list of deadpoolers.  Shardhost are no more.  Any more deadpoolers in that list?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
No doubt, the list contains a number of deadpoolers, those who may have migrated away from CC, etc.   Indicates just how slow, if ever CC is on cleaning up the SWIP info/reverse DNS and "justifying" ip allocations - if ever.

The list looks big, but the IP usage really looks rather empty.

amuck-landowner