amuck-landowner

LiteSpeed vs. OpenLiteSpeed vs. nginx vs. Apache 2.2 vs. Apache 2.4!

lsmichael

We have also done benchmark with real application(Wordpress)

http://www.ipragmatech.com/best-webserver-wordpress-hosting-performance

Feel free to send us your feedback
Just reposting the feedback I left you on your blog:

Howdy Kapil, 

Thanks for bringing this up again on vpsBoard. I had forgotten to respond.

I believe you are reading your table incorrectly. Your table seems to be a representation of the spread of the times requests took, i.e. this data:

Percentage of the requests served within a certain time (ms)

50% 4414

66% 4488

75% 4543

80% 4578

90% 8705

95% 8948

98% 9054

99% 9118

100% 9252 (longest request)

It has no relation to increasing concurrency, as concurrency was kept the same throughout your test (at 100 connections). I do not think that the x-axis is time, but rather that these requests were ordered by the length of time they took. That is why, on the table, requests only get slower as you move along the x-axis.

What the table does show is that OpenLiteSpeed's slowest requests were slower than the other setups' slowest requests. (This may be where your 15% difference number is from.) However, the table also shows that the majority of requests served by OpenLiteSpeed (about 75%?) were served faster than the other setups. Also, on average, OpenLiteSpeed served requests marginally faster than both other setups, as noted by the average requests per second and median connection times data.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to find someone with time to look at what can be tweaked on your settings, though that might be interesting. I'll definitely see if there's someone here interested in taking that on.

Cheers,

Michael

lsmichael

These are all just speeds- how about the memory consumption and cpu? Because when you have a very busy website on limited resources- cpu and memory might be a bottleneck.
You're absolutely right. The graphs posted in the thread show resource consumption.

Also, you might like our case studies. We just released two, both showing load and memory usage on real sites before and after switching to LiteSpeed. They definitely support the graphs posted on this thread. That load drop is for real. Event-driven architecture works.

amuck-landowner