amuck-landowner

Looking for 256MB VPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joodle

I'm looking for a 256MB VPS for Tiny Tiny RSS (EU/USA)

Disk space: Doesn't matter, as long as it's enough for the Tiny Tiny RSS Database & Script

Bandwidth: Also doesn't really matter

Good connection to Holland

Looking for monthly payments 

Hoping to get a good deal on this one :)

Ivan

Verified Provider
We're currently having a 35% recurring discount promo here, so for $3.25/month you can get a 512MB RAM/512MB vSwap, 75GB RAID 10 disk VPS. 

Here's a test file,

and a test IP for you to check the connection to Holland: 67.214.170.194

ShardHost

Verified Provider
Know you were looking for monthly; however at the price below, monthly would just be the Paypal fees

256mb KVM (Dallas) E3-1240 nodes - $10/year (Price correct today)

• RAM:256MB

• Swap:256MB

• vCPU:1

• Disk Space:5GB

• Transfer:256GB

DIRECT LINK: https://my.shardhost.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=21

Last edited by a moderator:

willie

It would surprise me if this really needs 256mb.  If it's just for a personal feed, I'd try a 128mb lowendspirit.com (uk) vps or even a 64mb (nl) one, at $3/year.  Note you can double the size of these to 256mb or 128mb if you have to, by paying for two.

Joodle

@ ShardHost

Great price, however Dallas doesn't have a really great connection to Holland :(

EDIT:

Nvm, my internet was just doing weird while i was testing the download speed and ping

willie

Yes it does

Please take a look at the answer from @wdq at http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/288756/#Comment_288756
Interesting.  I wonder how a "tiny tiny" rss reader gets to be that large.  Maybe there could be a sqlite based version.  Fossil (source control / wiki / bug tracker) uses sqlite.  It runs in about 2MB and a "tiny" RSS reader should need even less.

Anyway I'm very happy with my Inceptionhosting Xen server in NL, if that helps.  Although it's priced somewhat above the lowest tier of cheap VPS's, it's still (IMHO) quite affordable and the service level is terrific.  I just wish I was using it more than I currently am.

GVH-Jon

Banned
Send me a PM, I'll provide you an order link to order a $1/month or $5/year VPS with your specified requirements.

JackDoan

I can get you a 256MB OpenVZ with 100GB Bandwidth and 50GB of disk space for $2.99/month!

Use the code BLASTOFF to bring it down to $2.69 recurring, or the one in my signature for 30% off your first month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
amuck-landowner