amuck-landowner

Looking for a JS based chart framework

wlanboy

Content Contributer
During the last years my scripts collected a lot of ping/traceroute and tweet information.

After some tests I decided to use Chart.js to create charts out of this information.

The results do look good (e.g. my ping graphs) but there is one drawback. This framework is using canvas elements with a fixed width and height

Does anyone knowing any other chart js framework that is more mobile friendly?

Novacha

Content Contributer
Do you mean mobile friendly with interactions or just the way it is displayed. Highcharts is a good charting library, but is freeware and does not allow contributions to the code base (AFAIK). I have also used xCharts, which looks great on iPads and iPhones but does not have any real interaction without you writing the code yourself. 

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Do you mean mobile friendly with interactions or just the way it is displayed.
It is all about displaying. I have seen Highcharts to (Nodeping are using them) but I do not like their licence.

Have you used flot? It's one of the most common ones.
Did not hear anything about flot yet.

Do you mean Flotcharts?

+1 On Flot, I'm using it right now along with JustGage for a project.
Thank you for justGage!

I like their pure SVG approach.

Novacha

Content Contributer
It is all about displaying. I have seen Highcharts to (Nodeping are using them) but I do not like their licence.
I am not a fan of their licensing either, which is why one of the main reasons I usually will use something else over it it in open source projects. They do seem to be the most comprehensive free graphing library though (for personal projects).

wlanboy

Content Contributer
Want to update the discussion.

I am using flot for about 4 months and have to say that it is the easiest chart framework I have ever used.

amuck-landowner