amuck-landowner

Looking for a VPS for a self hosted website monitoring service.

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Yes.  

Although if you want to use it for monitoring you probably want a VPS that has a decent uptime (which one to two dollars a month usually doesn't cover unless you're willing to pay yearly or something).  

In terms of that link, I like how they put their own watermark on images on those images.  As if they own it >.>. 

Those screenshots are taken directly from Mojeda and Nikkii's pages...

mojeda

Yes.  

Although if you want to use it for monitoring you probably want a VPS that has a decent uptime (which one to two dollars a month usually doesn't cover unless you're willing to pay yearly or something).  

In terms of that link, I like how they put their own watermark on images on those images.  As if they own it >.>. 

Those screenshots are taken directly from Mojeda and Nikkii's pages...
Ya that is kinda funny, but at least they link directly to the github repo. I'm going to guess when they upload images it automatically puts in their watermark.

Edit:

I love that 2-4 are derivatives of Server Status :)

Last edited by a moderator:

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Ya that is kinda funny, but at least they link directly to the github repo. I'm going to guess when they upload images it automatically puts in their watermark.

Edit:

I love that 2-4 are derivatives of Server Status :)
I don't know...  It would have done the same for Mun's and LoadingDeck's monitoring then.  

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
Hi,

I would like to know if a VPS (regardless of its virtualization) is available for only between $0.99-$2.00? I am just going to use it to monitor my other sites. Probably, I will install Nagios or these toolshttp://www.servermom.org/free-self-hosted-server-monitoring-tools/1824/

Thanks.
Actually, I'm 100% certain this is just there to try and "generate SEO Traffic".
The site you linked to recommends a  provider who has VPS in your price range. This link  and this link will help you get the most out of your new VPS if you sign up with that provider.  Hope this helps. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner