amuck-landowner

Looking for high-storage, high-BW VPS

Tux

DigitialOcean? lel
Here's what I'm looking for:

• Storage: 500GB350GB
  • Bandwidth: I'd love 100Mbps unmetered 6TB, port speed >= 100mbps
  • CPU: 1 or 2 core is fine. No CPU caps if possible.
  • I/O and network will be spiking at midnight eastern time (see belwo).
  • Network: Should have good connectivity from RamNode (this is going to be the major one) and OVH (BHS)
  • I'm going to be using this for other purposes along with backup
  • KVM preferable, but OVZ is okay too
  • No ColoCrossing offers
  • I have to pay with unverified PayPal. Hell will freeze over before I link a bank account with PayPal.
  • Price: $10/month is the max I'm willing to take unless your offer's a lot better than what I'm getting with RamNode (essentially the 512MB CKVM-E5 with twice the disk space)
I'm currently using a 100GB custom plan from RamNode, and while it's performed just fine, I'm planning to store more backups on it (MySQL dumps mostly, but also more minecraft world backups (shutters) and I don't want to leave all my eggs in one basket.

Edited -- When I was writing this, I had to go to dinner. I've since revised it to reflect my needs more accurately, set a slightly higher price I can pay, and correct my goofy bandwidth needs.

Also: I'm going to try contacting Backupsy now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
That's going to be a hard sell especially if you're wanting a lot of transit.

Francisco

rsk

Verified Provider
If you only asked for this a day or two ago, I could have offered exactly that for $10. On KVM and in Atlanta.

Ah well hhhh, maybe next time.

Tux

DigitialOcean? lel
Okay. I don't exactly need 33TB. 6TB would be good as I'll also shove this to my home connection periodically.

Hope that helps.

The reason why I need this VPS is because I'll soon be building a larger NAS device at home to store backups (on the order of several TB) but I don't have a great upload speed (America's mistake, sorry) and if possible I want to grab backups from a faster machine before I resort to the NAS.

JDiggity

For specs in that range your looking at $20.95 a month with us.  Not even offering them publicly right now.  Not enough profit in it for us!

1vCpu
768 MB Ram Gauranteed
350 GB Space
1750 GB bandwidth
1 IPv4

$20.95

Uncle Drunky helped us decide the bandwidth setup which is a 1:5 ratio

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Backupsy keeps getting mentioned.  They are in Illinois = US Central, not the east coast.

I'd look around for offers out of Dacentec in North Carolina and GoRack in Jacksonville, Florida. Latency to both should be low, but test first.

Tux

DigitialOcean? lel
I did contact Backupsy -- they said $13.50/month in Buffalo. I didn't take it.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Yeah to clarify, Backupsy is about to open up space in Buffalo on Colocrossing's network.  In the next few days.....

Storage VPS

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Hey there,

We can do a custom plan 512mb ram 1CPU core 6TB on a 100Mbps link and the requested 350GB hdd for $10/m Can do 6TB @ 1Gbps for $12/m total (2/m more). Location is Jacksonville, FL with GoRack and would be OpenVZ.

Open a support ticket with us @ www.crissic.net and I'll get it sorted out.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
We can do a custom plan 512mb ram 1CPU core 6TB on a 100Mbps link and the requested 350GB hdd for $10/m Can do 6TB @ 1Gbps for $12/m total (2/m more). Location is Jacksonville, FL with GoRack and would be OpenVZ.
There we go :) A Gorack seller :)

@SkylarM, send the OP a message with a test IP so he can make sure the route is clean and direct from his existing location.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Just did ;) We operate slightly different as we're on Juniper based equipment separate from the goRack network itself.

Presently co-locating equipment with ServerComplete in their facilities. http://bgp.he.net/AS19531

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Interesting info @SkylarM!

Some pretty good pricing and no BS from your company.

Hoping to see more storage offers on here eventually.  Everyone needs storage :)

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Interesting info @SkylarM!

Some pretty good pricing and no BS from your company.

Hoping to see more storage offers on here eventually.  Everyone needs storage :)
Thinking about maybe some high capacity drives for a KVM machine. No direct plans for this yet though.

amuck-landowner