amuck-landowner

Low resource blogging platform

NickM

Verified Provider
I'm looking for a new blogging platform for my website.  I'm currently using blite, which I've hacked to hell and completely broken in the process.  I'm looking for something that will let me easily port my current stylesheet (which is very minimal) and will "just work" because I don't really have a ton of time to spend hacking things together.  I'd like pretty URLs (it's the main thing that I hacked into blite) and will let me use it in a subdirectory (blite doesn't really support this, that's what the rest of the hacking I've had to do was to support).

I'd like to stay away from Wordpress, and Drupal is overkill.  Any suggestions?

bfj

Well the question is, what do you need from it? I have some code I wrote in Symfony2 I would be willing to share, it is far from complete (no comments implemented and admin section sucks) and about all it does is allow you to Post an entry and edit an entry. Uses Twig for styling and has tags. 

Probably not what you are looking for, but state what you need and I am sure you will get some decent recommendations. 

Last edited by a moderator:

bfj

Damnit I wanted to edit not quote =\ 

*removed *

365Networks

I know Installatron ships out with a couple different blogging solutions, I've never tried them myself but they are worth to try a demo out.

Dotclear, Serendipity, Open Blog, PivotX, Textpattern, BlogEngine.NET, b2evolution are ones to look into.

NickM

Verified Provider
Well the question is, what do you need from it?
- Add / edit / delete posts

- Comments (with spam filtering)

- Some way to manage other pages that aren't blog posts

- Pretty URLs

- Built-in analytics (mainly a view count for each page/post) would be nice

The admin area doesn't need to be fancy, and I don't really even need a WYSIWYG editor (they're usually a pain in the ass).

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I think this thread should belong to Q&A or General section of the forum.
Agreed.  We need to get a wiki or something.... Actually, can we label or cross post an article in two categories?  Perhaps labeling threads like this so they appear in a Q&A / Wiki / Common questions would be best idea --- if it can be done easily.

Ivan

Verified Provider
There's quite a few out there, you should check out AnchorCMS, seems lightweight.

As for me I'm on the look out for Ghost, it looks good and seems to be quite a big success, sort of, after their Kickstarter campaign. 

amuck-landowner