amuck-landowner

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
He lives in a high income country, why would he put himself through all this stress and mess for just $1k/month? I am sure he can earn much more if he would spend those extra hours at his regular job.

$1K is the base pay.  Add in the bribes and free GVH/Duke/Dale credits and he's made enough to retire a very wealthy man in Somalia or Malawi.

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
For those who've had trouble with LET to the point of being blacklisted from advertising on LEB (or whatever the effect was), I suppose as consolation it may at least be kind of hilarious that the lynch pin to your exclusion was 'a ridiculous $1K paycheque' rather than the hostile collusion of cybernetic speech acts a "community driven" perspective.

For some reason I was reminded of http://whatthezeitgeistwants.tumblr.com/post/69163683896/palantir-technologies-where-they-put-the-bro-in 

You are being watched over by twentysomething computer handlers who can be bought with foosball, free sodas and easily approved car loans.
Not to suggest LET has any sinister surveillance connotations to it, but the situation feels like a reduced, caricatured variant of that sentence to me. Unless @drmike is just talking out of his ass. But yeah, somehow the thought of being alienated over a petty monthly paycheque seems more pitifully hilarious than insulting at the end of the day. In all seriousness, shouldn't Mr. Kossen at least be getting payed enough to reach Palantir levels of tragicomedy when shit hits the overheated E3's fan?

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Not to suggest LET has any sinister surveillance connotations to it,

Well, CC has/had immunity on hosting their IR clients in exchange for voluntary data taps.  While this doesn't automatically mean that the Силовик have their hands in LE(B|T), I wouldn't discount the possibility.

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
Yeah, well, maybe but I wouldn't know. Didn't want to accidentally cast aspersions by cherry picking a single sentence from that blog.

GalaxyHostPlus

Verified Provider
He was was great guy on LET sad to see him go.

From last few days there are wars on let's threads just get popcorn and read comments

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
I picked the same way of departure as Liam before me and I dont want any crap around my posts deletion, new Spirit account etc..., because I more than deserve to pick my own way of goodbye. After all what was done. I hope that's not too much to expect.
Gotta love how rather than respecting his wish for privacy and obscurity, they forced an empty vestige of his presence back into existence by creating a second account. So much for 'the right to be forgotten'. I think moderator consensus was that the privilege wouldn't be granted to anyone else, and that he had abused his admin powers.

For those obsessed with his former contributions, why didn't you just creepily make your own backups?

Forcing someone's reappearance in a public internet database against their consent... what is that?

LowEndTalk is a VPS hobby forum, it's not like they're trying to preserve a court record or anything.

Again, reminded of Palantir here. Their concept of 'the immutable log'.

"The public objectivity of the log file has become impure!"

"The sacred logging rites of internet media voyeurism trump all other concerns! Against lacunae!"

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner