amuck-landowner

LowEndTalk/LowEndBox Gets a New Manager

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Congrats to Jarland, I think.

But, f*cking, meh.

Is @jarland getting paid Kossen's check now?

What is this part of Kossen stepping down about not agreeing with direction of things?

This:

My decision to give up my position had two major contributing factors. The first one is the difference of vision between me and ColoCrossing on where to go with these sites.

As far as the direction of the site and all the happy drink Jarland is on:

Jarland Donnell:

It’s been owned by ColoCrossing for a very long time now, so any worries on that front should either be a reality or in the past. The idea behind continuing and improving on LEB is that the site become more interesting and engaging, not less. Posting offers that only fall within a single network would be boring and terrible for the site.

December 14, 2015 @ 8:22 pm | Reply

I will point to the BLACK FRIDAY crap LEB did ... JUST WEEKS AGO.  What did we all see?  Mailbox spam teaser followed by a slew of ColoCrossing offers.

Nothing has changed over there.   Now we just have Corporate Jarland instead of a guy who said things the way they really were.

Last edited by a moderator:

clarity

From my end, I don't really understand why Jarland would take this role. For some reason, I thought he would be above it. I know that he was extremely active over there, but he is now a part of the crap over there.

How does this impact his work with Digital Ocean? Are we going to see MXRoute change? Is it moving to ColoCrossing? This is particularly concerning to me because I have my mail services running through there. Does this have any impact on CatalystHost? I don't think he is directly involved anymore, but I know that he used to be. I host some of my personal things with them, and I don't like it being associated with ColoCrossing. This is not because there are services are bad. I have never used them, but they are consistent liars. I don't like people or companies who are like that. The whole LET/LEB cover-up proves that they are just about making more money and not doing the right thing.

This whole thing just puts a sour taste in my mouth.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
@jarland is a hard worker so he likely figures if anyone can right the ship, he can pull it off. I don't see it conflicting with MXRoute and to be honest he's not been overly critical of ColoCrossing in quite some time. I think he simply got tired of trying to fight the good fight from the outside like the rest of us and he's going belly-of-the-beast mode.

I wonder by mpkossen left, I get the feeling it's related to the mass emails sent on Black Friday. I just can't see him being overly supportive of that all. I have no doubt that "no CC postings without IPV6" thing didn't go over very well either.

Francisco

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
From my end, I don't really understand why Jarland would take this role. For some reason, I thought he would be above it. I know that he was extremely active over there, but he is now a part of the crap over there.

How does this impact his work with Digital Ocean? Are we going to see MXRoute change? Is it moving to ColoCrossing? This is particularly concerning to me because I have my mail services running through there. Does this have any impact on CatalystHost? I don't think he is directly involved anymore, but I know that he used to be. I host some of my personal things with them, and I don't like it being associated with ColoCrossing. This is not because there are services are bad. I have never used them, but they are consistent liars. I don't like people or companies who are like that. The whole LET/LEB cover-up proves that they are just about making more money and not doing the right thing.

This whole thing just puts a sour taste in my mouth.

I can assure you that Catalyst will never be involved with ColoCrossing.  I mean Jarland's been out for a long time (since he left to work at HostGator).   I don't see how exactly this has to do with it ;)  

@Jarland is the most capable person in the LEB/LET Community that can get get LEB/LET going in the right direction.  While yes I agree them still being owned and organized by ColoCrossing keeps me very iffy (and as always, I'll continue to stay away from that pile), he's one of the most hard working and reasonable person I've ever had the great opportunity to work with and meet.  

In the end, from my discussions with him anyways, while he and I may have some conflicting opinions, he's really doing it for the LEB/LET Community and I've known him long enough to trust him 100% in his decisions and leadership.  

Congratulations to him for the opportunity he has to serve his community!  I wish the best for him!  And please don't bite his head off just because of old drama ;)

clarity

Congratulations to him for the opportunity he has to serve his community!  I wish the best for him!  And please don't bite his head off just because of old drama ;)

I am not biting his head off. I am simply stating concerns.

I know that he is a good guy, but I am skeptical of this decision. I am all for the changes that he is pushing, but I know that most of them will not happen with ColoCrossing still behind the site. To be honest, I have been visiting it a lot more lately since the post count here appears to have slowed down some. I just don't want him to get wrapped in all the shit over there. People love him, and I don't want that to go away.

wlanboy

Content Contributer
So...
I rewrote the whole post. Just needed some time to get all the WTF out of my mind. 
Don't think that mxroute will be affected. He is able to sort such things. Trying to change things is always better than maoning about things.
So heads up - but I don't think he will make any difference - chaning corps that pay you is only possible if the management is hireing you to change things.

mpkossen

I wonder by mpkossen left, I get the feeling it's related to the mass emails sent on Black Friday. I just can't see him being overly supportive of that all. I have no doubt that "no CC postings without IPV6" thing didn't go over very well either.

It's not the principle of the newsletter itself that I object to.

What is this part of Kossen stepping down about not agreeing with direction of things?

I will point to the BLACK FRIDAY crap LEB did ... JUST WEEKS AGO.  What did we all see?  Mailbox spam teaser followed by a slew of ColoCrossing offers.

Is just one of many reasons.

I was free to do what I wanted for a long, long time. Things changed in October.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
@Jarland is the most capable person in the LEB/LET Community that can get get LEB/LET going in the right direction. 

Unsure what the right direction is :)  Unless they go Donald Trump #WINNING_GO_TEAM_ENGLISH and make it a language centric site and police the f*ck out of the endless same toilet rolls.

CAN YEW FIND ME VPS WITH 8TB OF RAM FOR $1.99 WITH UNLIMITED BW AND CPANEL?

Half of which is because their search DOESN'T WORK.  Rest is ADHD viewers who want to SMS style post. Stupid shits.  10 seconds is all it takes, but yeah, no time, Netflix and a hookah are the priority.

I mean outside of that, LE* isn't in tatters, it just isn't the hardcore hobbyist and professionals sharing like it use to be.  Now it is mostly transients and weird brands on perma shill hawking retarded stuff to other retards. Good place to find deals from 5 different Jonny Nuggets brands pretending to be other real brands.  Good place to see a "datacenter" competing directly with their own customers and going after $5 sales like their life depends on it.

Can't fix that stupid, it's the genetics of the community and the place remains unregulated, not policed, consumers unprotected like always.

HN-Matt

Verified Provider
Had a quick look (dedicated server shopping too, not mere gawking), seems like same old same old. Even the offers section appears to be absolutely unchanged. Exact same E3s for $40 - $49 as ~3 years ago, etc.

Well done @Jarland but more kudos to @mpkossen for not playing the game any more.

+1

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
@mpkossen

Who is the stooge(s) over at Colocrossing posting these ill arse 'tutorials' on LEB?  I haven't cared to slap LE* anything in many moons (like pissing in the wind).  But, those tutorials were TERRIBLE.  Recent ones posted by Sysadmin were 1. Stolen   2. Seemed like someone on Fiverr aided and abetted in the re-wrapped theft.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
... and the way I see it goes like this...

CC did their DC move this summer and spring.  Hoped to ramp up stuff, including sales..   Have to get to $12 million for the year of 2015 any way possible. #INC_STINK_5000

There were slagging numbers over at ChicagoVPS, but the place is so big that well easy to lose track of profit and costs when you manage things on the JUST SELL MORE growth for growth sake model with low dollar transactions.  Like entirely possible that they had oh 7-12k GHOST containers unaccounted and unpaid for...  Have to love the shit called SolusVM. #QUALITY_CRAPWARE.

So Biloh called the chips in, applied Fabozzi to other job detail while keeping his name out there in case anyone is friendlier with him.. While shuffling the brands under Ernie who has been getting sweetheart treatment from me, mainly because Ernie at least tries....  Ernie's moral compass I believe is mostly in tact, but yeah, the bosses might cause that ship to deviate.  So Ernie got to protect the whole CVPS brand with a better image.  Which is funny, because it's literally taking your sandwich and eating with the right hand instead of the left.  CVPS = same workers, same support folks, same owner, same network, same gear.  Only difference is this public condom for Lowend* - which is Ernie in the lead role and burning up Ernie's good name each and every failjob.

So now here in December, CC came of that Black Friday spam-a-thon targetting Jerry's Autistic Kids as a fundraiser for Biloh's yacht fund.  Sales didn't happen like they use to, even with all that spam-a-thoning. nOTHING personal, but, the market changed a year or two back and well....

Add to that the One Provider custom treatment on LEB to push sales.  Toss Jonny Nuggets back in there doing his magic to move product, etc.

No shit, these guys are 'hurting' for money.. More like their growth has slowed or nearly stopped.  They've hit their market cap and to increase it, they need to do actual work, something that is challenging to said folks.

So off to Lowendtalk and Lowendbox, let's try to milk more coins there. 

Direction of the sites is what I always said: DAFT CUNT PROVIDER WHO OWNS IT.  Provider who continues to use it to push their crap.  Provider who edits posts at whim, just cause they can.  You know, acting like 13 year olds cause they have admin access. 

Now all they care about is eyeballs, thinking people are going to visit then buy.  Little do they realize that many might come if I drop a steaming #2 over there, but they'll come for the entertainment.  Definitely not buying from the house brands nor the austistic teen wanna be hosts.  There are some real brands, but seriously, being in there is tarnishing legit brands.  It's the old issue of living in or having a business in a ghetto.  You get penalized for it and your customers are crackheads/thieves/social problems/etc.

No wonder why LE* can't keep the folks interacting with the public.  I wait for the day that Biloh and his cohorts just do the work and park their ass in there, and eat the bullets with their names on it.

mpkossen

@mpkossen

Who is the stooge(s) over at Colocrossing posting these ill arse 'tutorials' on LEB?  I haven't cared to slap LE* anything in many moons (like pissing in the wind).  But, those tutorials were TERRIBLE.  Recent ones posted by Sysadmin were 1. Stolen   2. Seemed like someone on Fiverr aided and abetted in the re-wrapped theft.

I have no clue who he (or she for that matter) is. But I agree, the tutorials are absolutely terrible and one of them was stolen.

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I have no clue who he (or she for that matter) is. But I agree, the tutorials are absolutely terrible and one of them was stolen.

I pointed out the stolen part (first one posted) in private channels.. Might have mentioned it on here.

As someone who writes quite a bit and produces a good amount of content annually, I am livid that guys like them (CC) run around thefting outright.  Wonder how they'd feel if someone borrowed something from them?  Maybe a yacht.

I know, the juvenile delinquent mentality of LE* says it's not theft, it's just copying, yada...    We wonder why older and wiser folks point to the young folks and say they are a lost cause...  Been here and done it as I say often....   Reprehensible and subject to monetary penalities when a company goes to thefting. 

amuck-landowner