amuck-landowner

Meet Don, a Half Eaten Pie and a vpsBoard moderator. Ask him stuff.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Apparently since Martin didn't want to create his own thread and wanted me to, Mr. Half Eaten Pie wants me to create his for him too. Well, what can I say about Don that hasn't already been said about Winston Churchill. Wait, what? Scratch that.

Hey, Don's a moderator here. He's one of the guys that answers/responds to reported content and approves new offers. If you're an ass, he can also ban you. He works for CatalystHost and is a nice fella'.

Ask him stuff.

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
So, Don. Rumor has it that you're Asian. On a scale from 1 to Jackie Chan, just how Asian are you? :p

Also, whats your favorite food?

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Haha well an interesting introduction for sure!  Thanks MannDude.

Totally not being racist here but I'm not fresh off the boat Asian.  I'm more of an American-Asian (Korean actually) and my primary language is actually English!  

My favorite food is probably the Gut Buster burrito from back in Colorado (at a place called Big City Burritos).  Not my picture but one I found on the internet: http://i.imgur.com/32adalv.jpg (the gutbuster is the one on the right).  Fine college dining at it's best.  

MannDude

Just a dude
vpsBoard Founder
Oh god, I love burritos.

You recently moved back to South Korea for school, correct? What are you studying? Major differences between living in the US and living in South Korea?

shawn_ky

What made you want to go to Korea for school? What are you studying? And Half-Eaten Pie? Pop-culture reference I don't understand or ??? How did you get that nick...

wdq

Quade
How did you get started working for Catalyst Host?

Do you have more family in the United States or in Korea? If you have a lot of family in Korea how often do you visit them?

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Haha well, I did just move back to South Korea.  It was mostly for my Masters program that I got into.  Being South Korean by birth (although grew up in the States)  I decided why not try the Asian thing and return to the "homeland"?  I'm now officially a Masters student going for another degree in Civil Engineering.  

Major difference for me from US and Korea (besides for the language) is that I honestly don't get to meet a ton of other people here.  By that I mean ethnicity wise.  Back in the States I'd meet American people, European People, Asians, South American, etc.  It's great to get to know these people and know their culture and just take in all the amazing experiences they had to share about their culture!  In Korea it's mostly just Koreans.  Maybe a few white people here and there and some other international people but mostly it's just Korean.  And not that i hate it or anything but I miss the diversity I saw back in the States.  

HalfEatenPie is... well... I got the name in a drunken stupor.  No real story I guess sorry guys!  Just "Hey this sounds funny!" and went with it.  Didn't know it'd actually get to be used for this long! 

I got started working for Catalyst in early January this year.  Jarland and I have been exchanging PMs and mostly joke messages to each other (may or may not have been offensive to our respective parents) and asked if I could help out once in a while with Catalyst.  I said sure and a bit later I joined the team.  

All of my family is in Korea.  After I graduated high school in Colorado my entire family moved back to Korea while I went to my University for my undergraduate years.  So I guess it's been a while since I've actually seen my family on a daily basis!  And honestly it feels nice.  

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
Good Korean Dish?  Everything.  Seriously. Popular for most international people is Bulgogi.  That's pretty delicious food.

Haha well seeming I'm no longer living by myself currently I'd have to say no to that.  Once I get my own place sure but not right now.  

HalfEatenPie

The Irrational One
Retired Staff
I do own StarCraft 2 but I haven't played it in a while (on occasion I do still boot it up every now and then, funny thing is that a few minutes ago I just got out of a StarCraft 1 game).  

Lets see if I had 1 million dollars?

Pay off my bills (totaling around 2k max), put about 750k into savings, invest with about 100k, spend about 18k on gifts to friends and families (e.g. maybe ipads here and there, laptops, etc.), donate about 10k to my Fraternity organization (there's a specific scholarship award I'd like to donate to), donate about 20k to my University, donate about 30k to Cancer research (all through my undergraduate year I was very active in volunteering for childhood cancer treatment and research organization), 10k for my own personal screwing around use(aka Drinking purposes) (I don't really spend much anyways), and probably leave around 60k to do whatever with (invest, personal projects, additional donation funds for non-profit organizations (maybe Habitat for Humanity?), etc.).  

I'd continue my life as it is now.  Continue towards earning my Masters degree in Civil Engineering (and working about two/three jobs) living in the same home I currently am now.  Maybe spend part of that 60k to get my own place (renting, not purchasing).  

To be perfectly honest, I hate sitting around doing nothing/playing videogames.  I mean it's fun for maybe an hour or so but more and I feel like I'm wasting my time.  

Last edited by a moderator:
amuck-landowner