amuck-landowner

MegaWorldHosting releases new design

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
I am not going to shred the template.   Seen it a bunch of times back when break dancing was still popular.  Not as-if I'd roll out rapidly anything better, nope. 

99.999% Uptime

Our guarantee is that you will experience 99.999% up-time for all power, network, and climate control system
That's where I put my log down.   Bold uptime claim, real bold.

So I went reading the Terms of Service, because that's how I spend my drinking time.

• 100% network uptime
• One day credit for each hour of network downtime
• • One day credit for each 1% of packet loss
• • One day credit for each additional 3 ms of latency
(3 ms MORE than WHAT and from where?)

• 100% power uptime via utility feeds, UPS, and/or generator
• One day credit for each hour of power downtime

• 100% server uptime.

But then I get to this... 

"Failure of access circuits to the MegaWorldHosting Network, unless such failure is caused solely by

MegaWorldHosting;"

and...

It will be at MegaWorldHosting’ sole
discretion to determine fault and identify failure to perform under the obligations of this SLA.

--------- snip snip snip ----------

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but this is one of those oh yeah right moments.

So is it 99.999% or 100%???? :)  

Please spend more time on your website and shaping things before sending it off to the Wall Street Journal for breaking press.

Last edited by a moderator:

KwiceroLTD

Verified Provider
I am not going to shred the template.   Seen it a bunch of times back when break dancing was still popular.  Not as-if I'd roll out rapidly anything better, nope. 

That's where I put my log down.   Bold uptime claim, real bold.

So I went reading the Terms of Service, because that's how I spend my drinking time.

• 100% network uptime

• 100% server uptime.

But then I get to this... 

"Failure of access circuits to the MegaWorldHosting Network, unless such failure is caused solely by

MegaWorldHosting;"

and...

It will be at MegaWorldHosting’ sole

discretion to determine fault and identify failure to perform under the obligations of this SLA.

--------- snip snip snip ----------

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but this is one of those oh yeah right moments.

So is it 99.999% or 100%???? :)  

Please spend more time on your website and shaping things before sending it off to the Wall Street Journal for breaking press.
1 day credit for latency? Okay, so if my server is down I'm connecting from Syria and pinging the shit out of it. Let's round to a year free?

drmike

100% Tier-1 Gogent
Fix the loose ends, truly.   Most guys could do alright if they'd polish the stuff.. I don't mean design really - not usually.

Loose words, inconsistent stuff, often sloppiness. 

DomainBop

Dormant VPSB Pathogen
• 100% network uptime

• 100% server uptime.
I'd like that SLA as a buyer until the provider went bankrupt and I had to find a new provider . :)

Softlayer and Singlehop, among others, have 100% network uptime SLA's but the key difference between them and you is they own their own datacenters.  If you rent or colo in someone else's DC you don't have the same degree of control (even if you deal with the DC directly) and there could be circumstances/delays beyond your control since you're relying on a 3rd party which could make your 100% SLA guarantees very costly.

al3xt

Verified Provider
Fix the loose ends, truly.   Most guys could do alright if they'd polish the stuff.. I don't mean design really - not usually.

Loose words, inconsistent stuff, often sloppiness. 
Agreed with that, glad OP could take it positively. But accepting them positively and actually fixing it is different. So, go fix them.

Licensecart

Fed up with these pathetic websites... Why buy the same old template billions of small webhosts use? Why not buy a "Unique" or make one? You just look like a small boring web host I wouldn't touch with a ten foot barge pole.

OnMichael

Fed up with these pathetic websites... Why buy the same old template billions of small webhosts use? Why not buy a "Unique" or make one? You just look like a small boring web host I wouldn't touch with a ten foot barge pole.
 +1 Would never buy anything there.

Has anyone ever heard of "MegaWorldHosting" before?

This Website Template is being used by far too many hosters out there. Besides that I think it is not even looking good anymore (before a few years probably).

Also the contents of the site itself (like uptime information drmike said) do not make any good good impression to me. Also those other threads from him (like how to install wowza, what is ddos protection and what is virtuozzo core) seem more like "oh im gonna do some website and be some web host by tomorrow" and "lets start random threads to increase my posts here".

Scopehosts

Verified Provider
Buying the same template as many new webhosters wont serve any fast business improvements. But for sure you will get fast critics from fellow vpsboard members.

amuck-landowner