amuck-landowner

Modulesgarden SolusVM Extended Module released

Damian

Verified Provider
From an email we just got a few minutes ago:

1. SolusVM Extended VPS For WHMCS

Module allows you to automatically provision virtual servers to your customers. With SolusVM Extended VPS For WHMCS your clients will be able to conveniently manage virtual servers from your own WHMCS client area!

Features Included:

• Provisioning Module
  • Virtual Server Management From The Client Area
  • Complete Product Management From The Admin Area
  • Simple Installation
  • Dynamic Server Resources Setup With Configurable Options
Provisioning Module Functionality:

• Create Server
  • Terminate Server
  • Suspend/Unsuspend Server
  • Rebuild Server
  • Upgrade/Downgrade Server And Resources
  • Boot/Reboot/Shutdown Server
  • Enable TUN/TAP And PAE
  • Change Password: Root, Client, Console And VNC
  • Mount/Unmount ISO
  • Get Server Status
  • Change Boot Order
  • SSH Console (KVM Console Will Be Implemented Soon)
  • Possibility To Turn Off Root Password Storing In The System Database
Additionally:

• Combined With DNS Manager For WHMCS - Supports PowerDNS! (read more)
  • Combined With Advanced Billing For WHMCS Module - Supports Server Resource Usage Billing! (read more)
  • Multi-Language Support
  • Supports WHMCS V5 and Later

Plus some other modules that I don't really care about and don't seem useful. This looks like the ticket to having customers able to manage their VPS with Solus again, and we'll be buying the module as soon as Adam stops masturbating and buys it.

Anyone else going to jump on the bandwagon?

SkylarM

Verified Provider
Said this over on LET, disappointed with what this turned out to be. Rushed product, doesn't look that great, and the functionality could have been a lot better than it is. Was initially planning to pay for it, but definitely not now.

To put things in perspective, they told me that KVM was almost done about 3 weeks ago or so. Sad to see they didn't at least put in KVM VNC for the release.

"Cloud" module requires manual approval and configuration of an Admin to resize a container. Yes you can make multiple VMs within the restriction of your account limits, but re-sizing on the fly doesn't exist with this product so sort of defeats the purpose of this module.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrueVPS

Verified Provider
I expected the KVM VNC Console with the first release, but unfortunately it is not with this release. I think it would've been better to release it one week later and release it with the Console. Just my two cents.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
I expected the KVM VNC Console with the first release, but unfortunately it is not with this release. I think it would've been better to release it one week later and release it with the Console. Just my two cents.
They're likely trying to cash in on the SolusVM hate. If the SVM hacks didn't happen it's likely they would have waited it out and tried to make a really solid offering but right now they're just trying to get all capital they can.

You may very well see a lot of hosts that opened their solus up close it up and just get this module to try to keep safe.

Francisco

kaniini

Beware the bunny-rabbit!
Verified Provider
You may very well see a lot of hosts that opened their solus up close it up and just get this module to try to keep safe.

I bet it is vulnerable in the same way as the official Solus one.

Damian

Verified Provider
So we bought this about a week ago. None of the client functions work. I sent in a support ticket. It was answered eventually, with the statement that they were going to release an updated version next week. Next week is here, now it's either "tomorrow or Monday". 

We've ended up paying $80 for a Solus graphing module, since that's the only thing that works.

SkylarM

Verified Provider
So we bought this about a week ago. None of the client functions work. I sent in a support ticket. It was answered eventually, with the statement that they were going to release an updated version next week. Next week is here, now it's either "tomorrow or Monday". 

We've ended up paying $80 for a Solus graphing module, since that's the only thing that works.
We reported this issue to them during beta multiple times. Reboot, shut down, etc buttons simply didn't work. They insisted it was an issue with my server and that they couldn't replicate the issue.

Damian

Verified Provider
Pretty much why we decided to start moving everything in-house to begin with =\
Yes yes I know, and we should too. I was hoping this would be a basic 'stop-gap' til we can get all of that in place.

We reported this issue to them during beta multiple times. Reboot, shut down, etc buttons simply didn't work. They insisted it was an issue with my server and that they couldn't replicate the issue.
I figured out that it was making AJAX requests to "/", which obviously aint gonna work. Not sure why it's taking so long to get updated.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
How could they release a module that's that broken?

Fixing the AJAX commits is all client side files anyways so what's the hold up?

Francisco

concerto49

Verified Provider
How could they release a module that's that broken?

Francisco
Charging for it too. Yeah I've seen a few hosts use it (which I'm a customer of) and can never get the thing to work :(

Aldryic C'boas

The Pony
Is their module closed-source?  Jumping from one incompetant developer to another may introduce more security problems than get fixed :(

There are a couple of talented PHP coders around here that might have some time... why don't a few of you guys pool up an offer to see if one would be interested in doing an open-source module?

SkylarM

Verified Provider
IIRC everything but client templates are ioncube encoded.

Last edited by a moderator:

Awmusic12635

Verified Provider
They have had an issue with their dev environment that I provided for the last couple days. I have been pretty busy so I just fixed it early this morning.

Francisco

Company Lube
Verified Provider
They have had an issue with their dev environment that I provided for the last couple days. I have been pretty busy so I just fixed it early this morning.
That's a pretty poor excuse on their end.

They're charging $100 - $250 per distro and they likely sold a couple dozen copies so far.

They could of afforded a KVM somewhere to test or just setup proxmox on a test box.

Francisco

SkylarM

Verified Provider
That's a pretty poor excuse on their end.

They're charging $100 - $250 per distro and they likely sold a couple dozen copies so far.

They could of afforded a KVM somewhere to test or just setup proxmox on a test box.

Francisco
They've had a KVM box of some form for quite a while now. I complained about KVM support during beta multiple times and they simply said "SolusVM doesn't allow us to do that, we CAN'T do that" etc etc.

Damian

Verified Provider

I don't know what it should be, and I only get one response a day from their support team.

$("#so_root_change_act").click(function(){

$("#so_alerts").html("");

var v = $("#so_root_pass").val();

$.post("index.php?sylusvm_ajax=1", {"sylusvm_act":"sylusvm_password_root", "vserverid":"{/literal}{$vserverid}{literal}", "id":"{/literal}{$id}{literal}", "password": v}, function(res){

var cl = res.success == '1' ? 'box-success' : 'box-error';

$("#so_alerts").html('<div class="'+cl+'">'+res.result+'</div>');

$('#so_root').html(v);

}, "json");

return false;

});

Is the function... no idea what the proper file is supposed to be. I could venture a guess that it's modules/servers/solusvmExtendedVPS/solusvmExtendedVPS.php, but they could also take 30 seconds to copy/paste the proper URL into a support ticket response, so that I can get their module working for me. Y'know, the one that I paid $80 for.

We have so many other modules that we use with WHMCS, both free and paid, that all work 100% fine without issue, that i'm not sure why it's so difficult to do support for this.

amuck-landowner